Green Chile Queso Blanco – Ooey gooey queso blanco with green chiles, peppers, and kickin’ spices! Ready in just 15 minutes!
Guys. I grew up loving LOVING spicy foods. The hotter, the better. Seriously. One of my favorite snacks was pickled jalapeños straight from the jar. For a little while, my spicy addiction sort of faded into the background a bit. But it’s back. With a vengeance! I bought a jar of jalapeños solely for the purpose of eating with a fork. I put hot sauce on my bagel (yes it was toasted and shmeared with cream cheese) and on my potato chips. It’s crazy people, just crazy.
So to satisfy my crazy cravings I’ve been making lots of hot n’ spicy snacks and dishes lately. Like Green Chile Queso Blanco. Oh my gosh, so good! If you don’t want it very spicy, just leave the jalapeños out, it will still taste amazing without them (but if you can handle the heat, put em in!!) The best part? It comes together in like, fifteen minutes. Tops. Just think, fifteen minutes from now you could be enjoying this ooey gooey cheesy green chile queso dip.
Well, get a move on!
Green Chile Queso Blanco
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small jalapeño,* diced and seeds removed
- 12 ounces white velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large sauce pan melt butter and saute diced jalapeños over medium heat 1-3 minutes until tender. Add velveeta, cream cheese, and milk and stir until cheeses are melted and smooth.
- Stir in green chiles, tomatoes, cilantro, and spices. Serve warm with tortilla chips.