Beef n’ Queso Dip – Spicy queso dip with green chiles and tasty seasoned ground beef! This recipe is so easy and comes together in just 25 minutes!
Ohhhh cheesey queso goodness, how I love you!!! This is possibly my new favorite dip in the entire world!!
When I was dating my husband, he told me about his brother’s famous queso dip. Apparently it was fantastic and “the best ever”. So I tried it. And it was realllllly good. I actually loved it and would beg him to make it as often as possible. But this week I made my own queso dip and the husband tried it…. and said… it was BETTER than his brother’s!
It’s so cheesy and gooey and wonderful! It’s got a little kick from the spices but nothing that would light your mouth on fire. Just lots and lots of Mexican flavor! Adding the beef to the mix made the whole dip a little more hearty and I may or may not have just eaten this queso dip for my entire dinner…. sh!!! But it’s that good!!! And sooooo easy! Take this dip to your next party, it’s sure to be a hit!!!
If you like this queso dip, you’ll love my Macaroni Salad, Sesame Peanut Noodles, Lasagna Dip, Cheddar Bacon Bombs, BLT Dip, Homemade Baked Corn Dogs, Feta Artichoke Dip, Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Chili Lime Almonds, Baked Onion Rings, Mango Guacamole, and Baked Bloomin Onion.
Beef n' Queso Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 pounds velveeta cheese
- 1 7-ounce can green chiles
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup tomatillo salsa - OR salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- To prepare the beef: Add ground beef and seasonings to a large bowl. Mix seasonings into meat with hands. Cook in a large skillet or pan over medium high heat 8-10 minutes until well browned. Break large chunks into smaller pieces.
- In a large sauce pan melt cheese over medium heat, stirring throughout until completely melted. Add green chiles, tomatoes, salsa, and seasonings. Stir in ground beef. Serve warm with tortilla chips.