Sesame Peanut Noodles – These healthy peanut noodles have a light and creamy peanut butter sauce and come together in less than 20 minutes!
I really enjoy a good bowl of pasta, as long as it isn’t spaghetti. Oh I do not like spaghetti. The red sauce, ground beef kind of spaghetti. It’s not my thing, never has been. But some linguine coated in a creamy peanut sauce? Ohhhh yeahhhhh.
This recipe is so easy and so quick. 15 minutes quick. Which is always a winning feature in my book. Oh and the fact that these meatless noodles are healthy and you can easily store them in the fridge and take them to work the next day for lunch is just a really nice bonus. I love versatile dishes like this one that can feed the whole family on a busy weeknight or be tucked away and used all week long!
Sesame Peanut Noodles
- 12 ounces linguine or fettuccine noodles
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup matchstick or thinly sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- optional: sesame seeds
- Cook noodles al dente according to package instructions. Drain, pat dry, and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine peanut butter, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Whisk until smooth. Add mixture to noodle bowl and toss to coat. Add carrots and green onions and mix to combine. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature topped with sesame seeds if desired.