Cheesy slow cooker bbq chicken dip is easy to whip up, has tons of flavor, and is the perfect make-ahead appetizer for game days and parties.
Football season is in full swing and that means football EATS are in full swing around here as well! I’m thrilled to be part of McCormick’s dip face-off to help elevate your “bowl” game. Last week I represented the great state of Florida with my Miami Cuban Dip, but my team didn’t make it to the next round. So this week, I am “tackling” the fine state of Kansas with this cheesy Kansas City inspired BBQ Chicken Dip! My team is playing this weekend so be sure to check out my opponent’s dip over at I Am Baker – you won’t want to miss her incredible Pennsylvania-themed dish, a tasty Cheesesteak Dip!
The kitchens at McCormick have been hard at work creating signature state dips to represent your hometown and favorite teams. Whether you root for Seattle, Oakland or Dallas, find your dip here!
I love getting together with my Pops and brothers to watch football and eat a whole lotta snacky finger-food goodness. I have a long history of ordering appetizers as an entree when we go out to dinner – I just can’t pass up a good slider or mini-something (quesadillas, burgers, tacos… I’m looking at YOU.) and cheesylicious dips are my absolute weakness. This BBQ chicken dip is out of this world delicious and so easy to make. One of my favorite things is that you can make, transport, and serve this goodness right in the slow cooker when you’re getting together at a friend’s house for tailgating! You just can’t beat that.
Update (1/20/17): Sadly my team didn’t make it to the next round, but that just gives me an excuse to try out this amazing Boston-inspired Baked Bean Dip from Carlsbad Cravings – YUM!!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package McCormick® Slow Cookers Sweet & Smoky Pulled Chicken Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- optional: 3 tablespoons chopped red and green onion
- Mix ketchup, molasses, water and Recipe Mix in slow cooker. Place chicken in slow cooker and stir to coat.
- Cook on HIGH 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours until chicken is cooked through. Use two forks to shred chicken. Stir in cream cheese and half of the shredded cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, cover and cook another 10-15 minutes.
- Top with onions if desired and serve with tortilla chips.
This recipe is in partnership with McCormick.4