All the bold flavors of a classic taco in a mega-cheesy dip in this Slow Cooker Taco Queso Dip! Perfect for parties and potlucks!
Excuse the mess, I’m eating something mega-cheesy here.
But really, it’s pretty messy business, but ohhhhhhhh so darn delicious. Tacos are probably my favorite food in the entire world so when you take all of the components of a taco and stir them into a giant pot of Mexican-spiced gooey cheesy goodness, I’m in heaven.
I made this taco queso dip last week for the same football game I made those incredible monte cristo party sliders for and this dip vanished so fast – everybody loved it. Even my father who, by the way claims to hate cheese.
1) How can you hate cheese??? For reals.
and 2) if you hate cheese and you love a cheese dip like this, it’s gotta be good right?
Slow Cooker Taco Queso Dip
- 32 ounces original Velveeta cheese
- 2 15-ounce cans mild or original diced tomatoes and chiles - (I used Rotel but you could use another brand as well)
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ cup black beans - drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 avocado - thinly sliced
- handful cilantro - roughly chopped
- tortilla chips for serving
- Saute ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through.
- Cut Velveeta into cubes. Add velveeta to slow cooker. Stir in diced tomatoes and chiles. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or low 2-3 hours.
- Add ground beef, black beans, and spices to slow cooker and stir to combine with melted cheese. Top with diced avocado and cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
I’m a little confused by listing of ingredients — 2 cans of milk OR Rotel Tomatoes! What a difference in taste! Am I reading this correctly? OR, are these are just for providing the liquid amount? Still very different!
Hi Marsha – sorry about that, typo! It’s “mild” not milk. 🙂
Looks yummy but wondering if you mean 2 (15-oz) cans of milD or original Rotel (not milk…)
Yes, it’s mild, NOT milk – thanks for the catch!
Hi! I love your recipes, especially your four ingredient caramels, –, my all time favorite!! But I’m a little confused on when to add the Rotel? Do we add it with the velveeta, while its melting, or do we add it at the end with the ground beef, beans and spices? Thanks so much! 😃
HI Layla! So sorry, I updated the directions to be more clear – they go in with the velveeta. 🙂
Hi! This recipe looks so great but I’m wondering what size crock pot you use? I have a big 6-7 quart one and a little 2 quart one. I fear the big one might be too big and little one too small. We’re having a work pot luck and I’d like to do a nacho bar and this queso would be the perfect compliment but just don’t need a huge amount. I could cut the recipe if this makes a large amount. Any help you can give would be great! Thanks!