Creamy Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake with the BEST buttery graham cracker crust, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce!
This dessert. This creamy, frozen, strawberry-loaded cheesecake-y dessert is….wow. just… WOW.
Okay but really, the crust…. the crust alone I could eat for days on end! It’s buttery and sweet and salty and everything you could ever want from a thick graham cracker crust.
But obviously that’s just half of the party here. The rest is made up of a creamy, mile-high layer of frozen cheesecake made with fresh strawberries. Gahhhh so much strawberry goodness.
Top it all with some whipped cream and hot fudge sauce for the ultimate refreshing summer treat!! I took this dessert to a family gathering a couple of Sundays ago and every last bit was eaten up. My mother even ate a whole (rather big) slice and she never sits still long enough to taste anyone’s desserts so you know it’s gotta be good!
Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake
- 12 graham crackers - crushed to fine crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter - (8 tbs), melted
- 1 8-ounce container cool whip topping
- 16 ounces cream cheese - at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries - diced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream and chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce - for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a pie dish. In a blender or food processor puree strawberries, then set aside.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and butter and mix well. Press mixture into the bottom of your greased pie dish. Bake for 8-10 minutes until browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the next layer.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese, lemon zest, vanilla and remaining 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in pureed strawberries. Add whipped topping and mix until all ingredients are combined. Spread mixture over the baked graham cracker crust, cover with plastic wrap, and freezer for at least 4 hours.
- About 20-30 minutes before serving, set cheesecake out at room temperature to thaw slightly. When ready to serve, run a knife under hot water, wipe off with a towel, then slice cheesecake into wedges. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce or hot fudge and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Serena Bakes.