Creamy chocolate covered strawberry yogurt pops are the perfect way to beat summer snacking boredom and the ultimate back-to-school snack!
I did not grow up eating yogurt. (gasp!) I know, craziness. I didn’t discover the greatness that is yogurt until I was in college. As a constantly on-the-go undergrad, healthy and delicious snacks were essential. Humongous bonus points for portability too. Something I could easily grab-n-go was high on my priority list and I can’t tell you how many mornings I ran across campus on my way to dance class shoveling Yoplait yogurt into my mouth. Shoveling gracefully of course. I was on my way to dance class after all.
My love of Yoplait started then and has stayed strong. In my mind it’s THE go-to back to school snack. It’s what I keep stocked – by the eight pack – in my fridge at all times. And by “at all times” I mean it takes up permanent residence on my weekly grocery list because we go through it that fast in my house. I eat it daily, my husband takes it to work with him, and now that my twin babes have the green light for dairy, they’ve fallen in love with it too.
One of my very favorite ways to have yogurt – especially in the hot summer months! – is frozen. In this case, frozen on a stick and covered in chocolate. The great thing about using Yoplait’s multi packs is that you don’t even need a popsicle mold, you can simply freeze the yogurt right in the cup, and just add a stick! Nuts are always optional of course, but provide an extra protein kick to keep your kids fueled during back to school madness. If you’re crazy about another flavor besides strawberry, please feel free to substitute that in for the strawberry yogurt in this quick-n’-easy snack hack you guys because when there are more than one hundred Yoplait flavors to choose from, there is absolutely going to be one you will want to eat in frozen form, covered in chocolate.
Maybe even two. Or fifty.
- 1 Yoplait Original Strawberry Multi Pack (8 yogurts)
- ½ cup instant-freeze chocolate ice cream topping
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 8 popsicle sticks
- Remove the seal from each yogurt and insert popsicle sticks into the center of each yogurt container. Freeze for 4 hours. Run hot water over the sides of the yogurt containers for 5-10 seconds to loosen the popsicle, then pull popsicle out of the container. (see note)
- Line a small baking sheet or plate with aluminum foil or wax paper and place popsicles on top.
- Place instant-freeze chocolate ice cream topping in a bowl. Dip popsicles into the chocolate to coat and return to prepared baking sheet/plate, sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired. Allow chocolate to harden for 1-3 minutes).
- Serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze up to 2 weeks.
If you find that when pulling the popsicles out of the yogurt containers, there is too much suction to allow the popsicle to slide out, simply puncture the bottom of the container with a knife and the popsicle should slide out easily.
Yoplait is inviting you to try all 100+ flavors for a chance to win $100,000! Simply enter the code from specially marked lids at Yoplait.com/100ways and you will be entered for a chance to win one of more than 3,000 prizes.*
This recipe has been sponsored by Yoplait – thanks for letting me work with the brands I love!
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 5/15/17. To play and for Official Rules, visit Yoplait.com/100ways.