Island Glazed Pork Tenderloin – easy 30 minute juicy pork tenderloin with a sweet and spicy island-inspired glaze!
This is one of the most amazing dishes to ever be created in my kitchen. And I’m not just talking about my new almost 1-month-old kitchen, because obviously that would mean I’m only comparing to what I’ve been whipping up in the last few weeks. I’m talking about any kitchen I’ve ever prepared food in. This dish…. it’s at the very very top of the Most Amazing Dinner Meals Ever To Happen list.
Well those are not tricks my friends, that is not photoshop magic, that is just purely juicy, pretty, saucy, incredibly yummy goodness happening in a kitchen just like yours. And it’s EASY. Easy enough it will likely become your number one go-to dish for impressing anyone and everyone who ever comes to partake of food at your dinner table.
This pork tenderloin only takes 30 minutes start to finish and will have you and everyone else licking their lips because the flavor is mind-blowing-ly delish. It’s sweet, and spicy, and garlic-y and just WONDERFUL. Yeah I’m running out of descriptive words, and I super wish that I wasn’t because I need you to make this. It’s a need, not a want. I need you to enjoy this with me. Because when friends experience something like this, they make sure their friends experience it too. It’s gotta be shared with those you love. And you know that I love you guys. I so do.
- 1½-2 pounds pork tenderloin (two small or one medium-large tenderloin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (Asian hot chili sauce- found in the Asian section of most grocery stores) OR other hot sauce (I definitely recommend the sriracha sauce though!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle an oven-safe pan or skillet (such as a cast-iron skillet) with the olive oil and preheat on the stove over medium-high heat til the oil is hot. (See notes for alternative cooking option)
- Whisk together all rub ingredients. Sprinkle the rub mixture all over the tenderloin and use your fingers to massage into the meat.
- Place tenderloin in skillet and allow to brown for 3-4 minutes, turning the meat throughout to sear on all sides.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together and spread mixture over the tenderloin. Transfer to preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Cut tenderloin into 1-inch thick slices. Use a spoon to drizzle the glaze from the pan all over the tenderloin just before serving.
Recipe adapted from here.