There’s tons of flavor and texture in this healthy, easy, and quick mandarin strawberry quinoa chopped salad.
So my new favorite thing? Quinoa in green salads. I know I know, ten thousand years late to this party, but that kind of seems to be my thing – show up way late but when I bring it, I bring it.
Let’s call it fashionably late mmkay?
I’ve mentioned before (about thirty seven times is all) that salads are a s t a p l e in my house. As in, every single dinner I make has a side salad. My husband became a salad person very quickly, whether he wanted to or not, because I have salad issues.
If it’s not the main, it’s the side and if it’s the side, it’s gotta be simple because heaven knows I don’t have thirty extra minutes to devote to a side dish. I’m barely willing to put thirty minutes in for the main event! So this quinoa, mandarin, and strawberry chopped salad with feta cheese and pecans is exactly what my five-minute side dish routine is all about.
Mandarin Strawberry Quinoa Chopped Salad
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ⅔ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup mandarin oranges
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup berry vinaigrette dressing - (or to taste)
- Combine lettuce, quinoa, mandarin strawberries, pecans, and feta cheese in a bowl. Cover with dressing and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 30 minutes until ready to serve.