Easy, healthy, and incredibly delicious Meal Prep Greek Chicken Gyro Bowls are ready in 30 minutes and perfect for a quick dinner or make ahead on-the-go lunches.
I recently asked all of my Instagram followers if they’d be interested in me sharing more meal prep ideas and the answer was an overwhelming YES. So I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite recipes and I’m sharing them with you!
First up is this spin on Greek gyros and I know you’re going to love it as much as I do.
Rather than lamb or beef, I’ve used chicken for a lighter protein, and turned the whole thing into a bowl – one of my favorite ways to mix things up when I’m getting tired of old recipes! You can serve these without the pita bread too if you’re looking to make it low-carb or cut out some calories.
So what is in these chicken gyro bowls? A base of brown rice or quinoa, topped with juicy, marinated chicken, cucumber and tomato salad, crumbled feta cheese, and a quick cucumber tzatziki dressing.
I’ve been making this tzatziki dressing for years and it’s so simple and incredibly delicious. Don’t be intimidated by the name, it’s pretty much just throwing diced cucumbers, Greek yogurt, some fresh herbs, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper into a food processor or blender and pulsing til smooth. Cover and chill for a while to let it thicken and you’re set!
You’ll want to put this dressing on everything!
These Chicken Gyro Bowls are easy to make ahead for on-the-go lunches throughout the week, but don’t feel like you have to go with the meal prep option if you don’t want to. I’ve served these up fresh for a quick dinner many times and it’s such a simple, delicious weeknight meal – my husband will devour seconds when I make these gyro bowls!
Meal Prep Greek Chicken Gyro Bowls
- 2-3 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 pita breads
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 peeled cucumber diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 English cucumber peeled and diced
- 2 cups cold, plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine cucumber salad ingredients, stir, and set aside until ready to use.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, dill, thyme, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Combine marinade and chicken in a large ziploc bag, seal and chill for 15-30 minutes.
- Cook chicken on the stove, or on the grill over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes on each side until cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice into strips.
- Portion dressing, feta cheese, and cucumber salad into condiment cups. Fill three meal prep containers with brown rice (or quinoa), chicken, filled condiment cups, and pita bread. When ready to serve, remove condiment cups and heat chicken, rice, and pita bread before adding toppings.