Fresh and easy Greek Chicken Tacos you can whip up in 20 minutes!
Ahhhhhhh a little taste of the Mediterranean comin’ your way today. Now bear in mind, I’ve never visited Greece – and that is why I often talk about “Greek-inspired” dishes. I also haven’t been to Asia but I share Asian-inspired dishes all. the. time. In fact, they’re some of my most popular recipes.
All of that being said, these tacos = WHOLY YUM. Regardless of whether they serve tacos like these in Greece, I’m lovin’ em.
You can see in the picture above, I actually served some of these straight up. And by “straight up” I simply mean minus sauces. But then I got the crazy idea to drizzle on some balsamic glaze and a whole new meal was born. Add a little squeeze of fresh lemon and ohhhh baby. Yeah, Ima eat that.
Tacos are kind of my favorite thing in the entire world. Generally I stick to Mexican-style tacos (street tacos, I heart you forever) but recently I was craving Greek (mostly feta cheese and kalamata olives) at the same time I was craving tacos (every day of my life) so this dish is one of my beloved mashups.
Why settle for one when you can have it all right?
Have your cake and eat it too!
Or tacos. Whatevs.
And I have good news for you. These tacos are E to the Z and quick. The chicken takes about 10-12 minutes to cook on the stove, then you just throw everything in a soft tortilla and shove it in your taco-lovin’ face.
20 minutes people. That’s all it takes.
And look how purrrrrdy! 🙂
Greek Chicken Tacos
Fresh and easy Greek-inspired chicken tacos you can whip up in 20 minutes!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 teaspoons Mediterranean seasoning (may sub Italian seasoning in a pinch)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (I used Star Cuisine Mediterranean Cooking Oil*)
- 8 6-inch (taco-sized) flour tortillas
- 1 bell pepper, (or a combination of several - I used red, yellow, and green) thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled (optional) and sliced into sticks or chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- lemon wedges
- optional: balsamic glaze or dressing, banana pepper rings or sliced pepperocinis
Season chicken breasts with seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle a large pan or skillet with oil and cook chicken breasts for about 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Chop into 1 inch pieces or cut into strips.
Divide chicken, peppers, and cucumbers between each tortilla. Top with olives, feta cheese, and balsamic glaze. Squeeze with fresh lemon juice and serve.
*Mediterranean Cooking Oil can be found at Albertsons (So. Cal), Stater Bros., Walmart, select Safeway and Vons stores and online here.
I’m working with the awesome folks over at Star Cuisine to bring you this delicious taco recipe because I personally use and love their products!