Easy healthy baked lemon chicken that is loaded with yummy flavor and you can make in a hurry with just a few simple ingredients.
Hellooooooo! Did you survive the weekend?
I spent mine in Portland – my first time in Oregon and I l.o.v.e.d. it. I only wish I’d had more time to explore the city but the good news is that this was just a preview and we are planning a family trip to the Oregon Coast this summer which is a good thing because I NEED more marionberry ice cream.
I keep a running list of recipe ideas in my phone and when we were on the train going from the airport to our hotel I added lemon chicken to my menu for this week and its been in the back of my mind ever since.
After waiting all weekend to try it out, I am so in love with out this healthy baked lemon chicken turned out! It is juicy, tender, savory with a hint of sweetness, and so so easy to make. I served it with pan roasted garlic asparagus and it was heaven!
Bottom line: You need this, you really really do.
What people are saying about this Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken
“I made this tonight. The recipe was so simple. It truly may be the best chicken I’ve ever made.” – S.T.
“I made this for dinner tonight and it was sooooo good. I was unsure about it but it was delicious and was so quick and easy to make. I will definitely make this again! Thanks for the recipe!” – Laura
“This was a great meal! Followed the recipe to the letter then broiled at the end for about 3 min for the perfect brown on the chicken. My husband and extremely picky 5yo gobbled it up and said this one was “a keeper”.” – Kristin
“Thank you for this quick and healthy lemon chicken recipe. I made it tonight and my family loved it. I also roasted potatoes along with the chicken in the pan and they were very tasty and moist. I will make this again!” – Rosie
“Loved it! I made it for my boyfriend last night and he kept raving about it and even sent himself this link so he knows how to make it for himself. I made it with a side of sweet potatoes and it was the perfect amount of food.” – Janie
“YUM. I made this tonight with some sautéed zucchini and roasted potatoes and my fiance is obsessed with this sauce. Thank you for the tasty recipe, I’m sure it will be a go to for us!! The site is only allowing me to click 4 for some reason but this is definitely a 5 star recipe!” – Katie
“Made this recipe last night and loved it! Had to come back and comment on it because it was delicious & the boyfriend thought it was really good as well. So nice that it was simple ingredients, most of which I already had on hand & the cooking process was super easy. The chicken came out flavorful and was tender. Thanks for a great recipe!!” – Katie
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- optional: fresh rosemary and lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or large casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side just until browned. Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake 20-30 minutes (closer to 20 for smaller chicken breasts, closer to 30 for larger) until chicken is cooked through. Every 5-10 minutes spoon the sauce from the pan over the chicken.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and lemon slices if desired and serve.
More easy chicken recipes you’ll love