This healthy grilled honey lemon chicken is healthy and incredibly juicy and tender after being marinated in a simple honey and lemon sauce.
I now declare Grilling Season in session.
Let the celebratory dancing begin.
If I wasn’t such a wuss in the cold I would grill 365 days a year. I absolutely love the flavor that grilling gives to meat, veggies, even desserts, and I especially love the ease of grilling. But my favorite thing about it is actually the process of cooking outside. I really love being outdoors and I have this habit of keeping all of the lights off in the house during the day because I only want to have natural light. Drives my husband nuts – he will take light any way he can get it – but I’m a self-proclaimed light snob. I would have a dimly lit room with natural light than a room fully lit by lamps or light fixtures.
I also leave windows open all over the place because I like being able to hear the sounds from outside and get that fresh air coming into the house. It’s pretty terrible for the electric bill but does amazing things for my mood!
Being able to cook while I’m outside with 100 percent fresh and and 100 percent natural light is my absolute favorite. The first grilled dish I’m sharing with you this year is this super easy but incredibly tasty grilled honey lemon chicken. The chicken is marinated in a simple honey lemon sauce, then grilled to juicy perfection and topped with more honey lemon sauce. It’s the perfect no-fuss, go-to grilling recipe for summer!
What people are saying about this Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken
“Made this for dinner tonight & absolutely love love loved it! Probably one of the top grilled chicken recipes I’ve had! Thanks for sharing :)” – Haleigh
“I made this chicken tonight. Starting to cook healthy ever since my mom got diagnosed with cancer. Great recipe was delish.” – Antonio
“This was SO delicious! Thank you!!!” – Lane
Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - pounded to even thickness
- ⅓ cup oil
- juice of 2 lemons - (about 6 tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add half of the sauce mixture and seal the bag. Chill at least 1 hour or overnight. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard the bag and marinade. Place chicken on grill and cook 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking (or immediately afterwards) add reserved sauce to small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5-6 minutes.
- Drizzle sauce over grilled chicken and serve immediately. Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs if desired (I used fresh basil).