This easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan and Balsamic recipe is tasty enough to please even the pickiest eaters! Combine this recipe with my simple tips for stress-free holiday entertaining and you’ll be cooking with confidence in the kitchen this season!
This post is in partnership with Total Wireless – all opinions are my own.
It’s tough to decide on the perfect crowd-pleasing side dish for the holidays, but if you’re already a fan of Brussels sprouts, this recipe will without a doubt become your new favorite, I promise. And if you are team no Brussels sprouts? Well forget everything you think you know about this vegetable because you are about to become an avid believer.
I am speaking from experience because this recipe got me to step out of my comfort zone and throw all my previous thoughts about Brussels sprouts out the window and made me a raving fan. It’s the one I make nearly every time I have guests over for dinner and it’s the one I whipped up last Sunday when I was in charge of dinner for my mother in law’s birthday celebration at our house.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve served this up for guests who tentatively added a small scoop to their plate, only to go back for a ginormous second helping, always exclaiming something like “I thought I didn’t like Brussels sprouts but these are amazing!” or “These are by far the best Brussels sprouts I’ve ever had”. Truly this recipe is a winner with skeptics and lovers alike.
If you do it right – roasted to tender, yet crispy perfection in the oven on a sheet pan – Brussels sprouts will rival any side dish, even your favorites that grace the table every single holiday season. Guaranteed. Your guests will be wowed by this simple, yet elegant side dish recipe!
I love the holidays, but in addition to shopping for the perfect gift or dealing with the commotion of holiday travel, holiday entertaining can be stressful! But it doesn’t have to be! This holiday, I’ve partnered with Total Wireless to share my favorite tips and tell holiday hosts “you got this” as they step out of their comfort zone and tackle holiday cooking head-on.
- Plan ahead, prep ahead. Sort out your holiday menu a week in advance, do your grocery shopping 2-3 days before the big day, and make anything you can ahead of time like cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, or the dessert. This will save you time on the day-of and keep you from feeling overwhelmed!
- Stay inspired as you cook up a holiday storm by looking up tips and discovering new recipes on your smartphone without worrying about running out of data thanks to Total Wireless. Right now when you bring your number, you’ll get 50% more data on America’s largest, most dependable 4G LTE† network. So you’ll have no problem deciding whether you should add marshmallows or pecans to your sweet potato casserole.
- Get creative and use a variety of cooking methods – oven, slow cooker, pressure cooker, stovetop, and grill. A slow cooker or pressure cooker can even be set up on the back patio or porch to free up even more space in the kitchen!
- Let the food do the talking. Rather than serving up your holiday meal buffet style, consider plating your food on pretty platters on the dining table – no need to worry about elaborate table decor when you’ve got a gorgeous arrangement of holiday-inspired food in front of you!
It’s amazing how the internet has expanded our ability to share information and ideas, in fact you probably found this recipe while browsing on your phone. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re reading this post on your phone, and if you’re not reading on your phone right now, you will be later when you pull it up in the kitchen because heaven knows you won’t be unplugging your desktop and relocating it to the counter between your sink and oven.
When you’re relying on your smartphone for the encouragement to tackle holiday cooking, there’s nothing more frustrating than issues with your wireless connection.
Do yourself a favor and start out your holiday entertaining on the right foot by looking up recipe ideas from the palm of your hand and move over to Total Wireless this season to take advantage of 50% more data on America’s largest, most dependable 4G LTE† network with Total Wireless rate plans. Head over to TotalWireless.com to learn more.
Happy holidays my friends. YOU GOT THIS!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan and Balsamic
This easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan and Balsamic recipe is tasty enough to make even the pickiest eaters fall in love with Brussels sprouts and makes the perfect side dish for any favorite meal!
- 24 ounces (1.5 pounds) fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese the kind that comes in the shaker
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and grease a large baking sheet. Cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and place in a large bowl with olive oil, toss to coat.
Sprinkle on top salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese, stir well to combine. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and turn all of the Brussels sprouts over so that they are flat-side down. Bake for 15-20 minutes until fork-tender.
While Brussels sprouts are cooking, prepare the balsamic glaze. Add balsamic vinegar to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 6-8 minutes until reduced to half the original volume. Remove from heat, stir in honey, garlic powder, and salt. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool, when ready to serve drizzle over Brussels sprouts.
PRO TIP: The balsamic glaze can be made up to 5 days in advance, covered and chilled until ready to serve. Heat on the stove or microwave just before serving.
In partnership with Total Wireless.
†To get 4G LTE speed where available you must have a 4G LTE capable device and a 4G LTE SIM card. Actual availability, coverage and speed may vary. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Please always refer to the latest terms and conditions of service at TotalWireless.com
◊Excludes ports from TracFone Wireless Inc. brands. Porting your number may be subject to early termination fees from your existing wireless provider. Offer excludes the $25 no data plan and cannot be combined with any other Total Wireless offer. Promotional data does not expire with active service.