Mixed berries piled high over a cheesecake spread and soft and chewy crust. If pizza is your love language, Mixed Berry Pizza with Vanilla Glaze is about to be your food child.
If you love easy breezy desserts, try Red Velvet Cheesecake Bites, Carrot Cake Bars with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting, and Copycat Swig Sugar Cookies.
This recipe is in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast – all opinions are my own.
Oh hey, I’m just over here making dessert pizza dreams come true for my three year old, no big deal. Read: it is a very big deal.
My little boy is completely obsessed with fruit, and berries in particular. I’ve never met a berry that boy didn’t like and if he had it his way every meal would be centered around berry goodness. He is a pretty typical three year old in that the list of foods I know I can get him to eat without a battle consists of 8, maybe 9 items, including popcorn? But berries sit right at the top, closely followed by pizza.
I wish you could have seen his eyes light up when I told him we were making this berry pizza the other day. For this kid, it was basically Christmas.
This pizza is essentially four simple – but delicious – parts that when combined, create one stellar treat. The base is a simple pizza crust made with Fleischmann’s yeast. I love this basic homemade pizza crust because it is crazy easy to make and only has 10 minutes of resting time so it’s made and ready to go in the oven in just 20 minutes!
This crust is light and airy, but has that perfect chewiness you want in a great homemade crust and serves at the perfect base for all kinds of pizza, like this veggie-loaded Mediterranean version we are obsessed with in my house.
My little boy helped me out with the mixing, kneading, and rolling of this pizza dough and I’m just saying – if a three year old can do all that, you can do this pizza dough.
Once you’ve got your crust made and ready to roll, you top it with a three-ingredient cheesecake layer instead of sauce. Wait, what? Cheesecake?? YES. Trust me, this is the magic that ties the crust and the berry topping together in perfect harmony!
Bake it until set, about 10-12 minutes, then arrange all of your favorite berries on top. I went all out and used every berry I could get my hands on, but feel free to customize it and leave off any berry that doesn’t suit your fancy. You could even get a little crazy and swap out some of the berries for thinly sliced peaches. Mmmm! So good.
Customize. Whatever you do though, do not skip the final layer, the vanilla glaze. It only takes about 45 seconds to whip up and I promise your tastebuds will thank me later. If you’re a fruit-n-chocolate lover you could make this even easier on yourself and trade the vanilla glaze for a chocolate syrup drizzle instead. I like to finish it off with a little cinnamon-sugar sprinkle to give it a hint of cinnamon roll vibe.
Gah, so much yum!
Now excuse me while I go make and devour this pizza again all by myself while my kids nap.
More Dessert Recipes
- Firecracker Bundt Cake
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
- Salted Caramel Kid-friendly Frappuccino
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Hearts
Did you make this Mixed Berry Pizza with Vanilla Glaze recipe? YAY! Please rate the recipe below!
Mixed Berry Pizza with Vanilla Glaze
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 2- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk - or as needed
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar + ¼ teaspoon cinnamon - stirred
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Knead by hand on a floured surface, adding additional flour as necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough out to about 1/8 inch thickness. Pierce all over with a fork 10-12 times, then bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile make the cheesecake layer.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar, and eggs. Spread all over crust, then return to oven for another 10 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set.
- Top with berries. Whisk together powered sugar, milk, and vanilla, adding more milk as needed to thin to desired consistency. Drizzle over berries. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, cut, and serve.