Easy sheet pan shrimp and broccoli with buttery lemon garlic sauce takes simple ingredients to a whole new level in just 20 minutes. Skip takeout and make your own buttery, garlicky, cheesy, broccoli and lemony Shrimp Scampi tonight!
I like to eat sheet pan shrimp scampi often. It has so many uses, those garlicky, buttery shrimp. Mostly, I like to put them over noodles with the buttery sauce and a squeeze of lemon. But sometimes I also eat and serve them as an appetizer. I always keep a bag or two of shrimp in the freezer for such an occasion.
Usually, I cook the shrimp in the butter on the stovetop in a skillet. But this time around, I wanted more of a full meal, and I wanted only one dish to wash! Enter this Shrimp Scampi and Broccoli baked all together on one sheet pan. Sheet pan dishes really life-saving are miracles, you guys.
Plus, if you’re not feeling broccoli, I’ll go through a couple different ways you can customize this dish as well as how to serve it.
Here’s How You Make It
This easy shrimp and broccoli recipe requires just one pan and will be ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Get out your rimmed baking sheet and add the broccoli onto half of it. Drizzle the broccoli with oil and toss to coat. Push the broccoli around until it’s laid out in a single layer, while still taking up only one half of the pan.
2. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake the broccoli in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
3. While broccoli is in the oven roasting away, prepare the shrimp. Toss the shrimp with the melted butter and garlic.
4. Take the broccoli out at that 10-minute mark and arrange the shrimp in a single layer on the unused half of the sheet pan.
5. Return the whole thing to the oven for another 5-6 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink.
I like to finish this dish with a squeeze of fresh lemon over the shrimp and then a garnish of chopped parsley before serving, but this is optional and depends on your preferences. Do one, the other, none, or both!
Why is it Called Shrimp Scampi?
What is the origin of scampi, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you: It’s an Italian dish as you probably guessed. In addition, the name “scampi” is what a lobster-like crustacean is called in Italian. So to eat scampi was to eat this lobster shellfish cooked in its own juices. Now it means shrimp cooked in garlic and olive oil. I’ve actually never heard of a scampi, and I’m not sure I want to know…so I’ll stick with shrimp for now!
- Not feeling broccoli or don’t have it? Try using cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, squash, or diced potatoes. Asparagus will work too, but cut the cooking time from 10 to 5 minutes initially.
- You can cook just the shrimp in the sheet pan, and use a cook-in-bag microwaveable bag of frozen vegetables to save time or if that’s all you have. Just add your own seasonings to the vegetables after they’ve been cooked, or add the shrimp and garlic butter sauce over the top.
- Serve this dish over wide egg noodles, white or brown rice, or even cauliflower rice or another grain like quinoa. It goes great over so many different grains!
- Add red pepper flakes to make this dish a little more spicy.
- You could also add cherry tomatoes with the broccoli and cook them during that first 10-minute baking step, then add capers to the shrimp while that’s cooking. Combine them all together for a more flavorful dish.
- This would also be amazing served right on top of some freshly cooked tortellini.
Try these Recipes Next
- Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken
- Thai Peanut Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Bowls
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Honey Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Did you make this Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi and Broccoli recipe? YAY! Please rate the recipe below!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi and Broccoli
- 1 pound large shrimp - peeled and de-veined, tails on or off, your preference
- 4 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dump broccoli onto half of a large, rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with oil toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer (still on one half of the pan) and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- While broccoli is cooking, prepare the shrimp. Toss shrimp with the melted butter and garlic.
- Arrange shrimp, in a single layer, on the unused half of the sheet pan. Return to oven for 5-6 minutes until shrimp is pink.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over the shrimp, garnish with chopped parsley if desired, and serve.