Ultra rich n’ fudgy Slow Cooker Brownies are a snap and made right in your crockpot!
It’s Monday. And I think brownies are in order.
Did you know that you can make brownies in your slow cooker?? Seriously. Right there in your beloved crockpot. The key to getting the edges nice and chewy – but not overdone – and the middle super fudgy is to use a super high-tech device called a aluminum collar…
Ha! Gotcha. It’s literally the opposite of high-tech. Take a few big sheets of tin foil from your drawer, fold them and press them against the sides of your slow cooker to make a ring.
I shared these with my father – the ultimate lover of all things chocolate – and he practically inhaled them. Texted me three times that week to say he was savoring every last piece. They are soooo yummy and I just really can’t get over the fact that they are made in the crockpot.
Slow cooker brownies. This world is. awesome.
Slow Cooker Brownies
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- optional: 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- First, use aluminum foil to make a "collar" to go inside your 6-quart slow cooker - this will keep the edges of your brownies from getting burned while the middle finishes baking. There is no perfect way to do this - just use a few sheets of foil, folded several times, and line the inside of your slow cooker. (See picture in post).
- Once you have the inside lined with a ring of foil, spray the whole inside with nonstick spray. Place a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom, inside the foil collar. (See picture)
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Add sugar; stir to combine. Stir in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and chocolate chips and stir just until combined (do not overmix). Transfer batter to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Uncover, turn the slow cooker off and allow to cool in the slow cooker for 1 hour. Remove (by lifting the parchment out) and allow to set completely before cutting into bars and serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from Martha Stewart.