Creamylicious slow cooker New England chicken chowder is loaded with savory chicken, bacon, and veggie goodness all made in your crockpot for an easy, tasty dinner.
I really thought that our Summer was going to make a rebound, but it appears that the cooler weather here is officially here to stay. While I’m not quite ready for Winter, I’m definitely in a cozy soup mood and this Slow Cooker New England Chicken Chowder is hitting the spot this week.
To whip up this tasty soup, just add bacon, chicken, chicken broth, and veggies to your crockpot and set it to low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Your carrots and potatoes should be nice and tender and the chicken should be fully cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred it with a couple of forks. Personally, I prefer larger pieces of chicken in the soup but shred to your own heart’s content. Return the chicken to the pot and combine corn and milk and blend until smooth.
Blending sweet yellow corn with Promised Land Whole Milk is what gives this soup its creamy, texture and rich flavor. I just might have to add this quick step to all of my corn chowder recipes from now on!
Stir that creamed corn back into the pot and let it heat up for another 10 minutes or so, then serve with grated parmesan cheese, black pepper, and fresh basil. Let your slow cooker do the work and enjoy a delicious dinner with minimal prep! This soup is so easy to make and has incredible flavors you’ll crave all season long.
What people are saying about this Slow Cooker New England Corn Chowder
“Excellent! This is a great main course!” – Suzanne
“Really good 🙂 Just made it. My crockpot cooked it on low for about 6 hours.” – Vita
Slow Cooker New England Corn Chowder
- 4 slices bacon chopped and cooked til crisp
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Promised Land Dairy Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced carrots
- 1/2 yellow or white onion diced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 cans yellow corn drained
- 1 pound baby red potatoes quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh basil or thyme for garnish
- Combine bacon, chicken, broth, carrots, onions, celery, half of the corn, potatoes in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. Uncover, transfer chicken to a plate, and shred with two forks into chunks. Return to slow cooker.
- In a blender or food processor combine remaining corn and milk and blend until smooth. Add to slow cooker along with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook for 10 -15 minutes longer. Garnish with black pepper, grated parmesan cheese, and fresh basil or thyme and serve hot.
This recipe is in partnership with Promised Land Dairy.