Easy and refreshing 5 ingredient pina colada smoothies are perfect for warm weather days.
I’ve had a love affair with pineapple since I was seven years old. I know for a fact I was exactly seven because that is when my parents took a no-kids vacation to Hawaii and brought back a carry-on suitcase stuffed to the brim with fresh, straight from the islands, pineapple. There must’ve been six or seven pineapples in that suitcase and I swear to you they all vanished in less than 24 hours.
When you’re sharing with nine pineapple-loving kids that’s bound to happen.
Fast forward a couple of years and my love affair with pineapple turned into a kind of pineapple-coconut love affair. I don’t remember the first time I tried a pina colada (non-alcoholic of course) but I know that it led to a bit of an obsession and I had a minute (okay, several years) where it was kind of my thing to try a pina colada at every establishment I went to – basically if it was on the menu, it was in my hand.
During the summertime months when it gets hot hot hot, I think I could drink a pina colada, or five, every single day. If you love pina colada – or pineapple, or coconut, or cool and creamy frozen drinks that will make you swoon – then you must whip up a batch of these 5 ingredient pina colada smoothies. In the recipe I listed that this will serve four people, but if you like a really TALL smoothie, it will probably only serve you and one other very lucky duck you decide to share with.
- 4 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 cups ice
- ⅔ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup sugar (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- optional: water to thin, as needed
- Combine pineapple, ice, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla in a blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Add water 1-2 tablespoons at a time as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately topped with toasted coconut flakes if desired.