A refreshingly sweet and tasty smoothie with mangos and blackberries – so perfect for a quick breakfast or a hot summer afternoon treat!
Smoothies are one thing my husband and I disagree on. See I think that a smoothie constitutes an entire meal. He thinks that is bordering on insane and rates somewhere up there with eating Jelly Bellies for breakfast. Which, by the way, is something I have done many times. Pear just steals my heart. And oh my gosh the buttered popcorn?? Yesss.
Oh stop it, you have totally taken a few bites of cold leftover pizza or birthday cake first thing in the morning. I mean sure, yogurt and berries is one of my favorite things ever but if I open the fridge and see San Francisco Sourdough staring me in the face, pizza for breakfast is happening.
Again, something my husband thinks is dis-gust-ing. Oh well, more for me!
Regardless of whether you eat a sandwich alongside this smoothie or not, you will be thoroughly convinced that this whole mango-blackberry thing is just about the best thing that ever happened to your after-dinner dessert routine. Orrrr your early morning breakfast routine. Or afternoon snack. Or midnight snack.
You get the point.
Mango Blackberry Smoothie
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup crushed ice OR 2 large ice cubes
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- Place blackberries, half of the ice, and 1-2 tablespoons of sugar in your blender. Pulse until smooth. Pour into serving glasses.
- Rinse out your blender. Add mangos, the rest of the ice, and the remaining 1-2 tablespoons of sugar to your blender. Pulse until smooth. Pour into serving glasses on top of blackberry mixture. Serve immediately.