BBQ Chicken Bites brushed with buttery parmesan and ranch seasoning, hot from the oven and ready for dipping and devouring on game day!
This post is in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast, all opinions are my own.
I could eat finger foods morning, noon, and night so when it’s all said and done, game day eats just might be my favorite kind of eats. I don’t care who is playing the in the big game but whip up a batch of nachos, lil’ smokies, and these bbq chicken bites and I am THERE.
These bites are totally a breeze to make using Fleischmann’s® RapidRiseTM Yeast. The RapidRiseTM Instant Yeast cuts out down rising time for the dough and ensures perfectly soft and fluffy dough ready for stuffing with saucy bbq chicken and cheeses. It’s so easy to work with I even let my toddler help me make the dough for these bbq chicken bites! He loved poking his little fingers in the super soft dough almost as much as he liked gobbling up the bites at the end.
Once you’ve got your dough made, all just need to roll it out into a large rectangle and cut into squares – a pizza cutter works great for this! Fill each square with some shredded bbq chicken and a sprinkle of shredded Mexican blend cheese, and then pinch all of the corners together to seal the dough shut. Place them in a greased skillet or baking dish and brush with melted butter.
Nothing goes with bbq like ranch right?? So lastly you’ll add what I like to call “magic dust”. A mixture of grated parmesan and dried ranch seasoning sprinkled on top of the bites is what makes them completely irresistible, trust me on this one.
That’s pretty much all there is to it! All that’s left to do is pop these babies in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown and you can smell that buttery parmesan ranch goodness wafting from the oven. Let them cool a bit before serving with prepared ranch dressing for dipping and devouring.
These easy BBQ Chicken bites will be an absolute hit at your game day tailgating party! In theory this recipe will serve about 8 people with 2-3 bites each, but they’re so good you might wanna think about making a double batch if you’re serving a crowd because I could eat the entire pan all by myself!
What people are saying about these BBQ Chicken Bites
“I made these for the Super Bowl and they came out great! and I NEVER experiment with yeast!” – Mich
BBQ Chicken Bites
- 1-¾ to 2-¼ cups flour
- 1 Fleischmann's® RapidRiseTM Yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ⅔ cup very warm water - (120-130 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup shredded chicken
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- ⅓ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup prepared ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While dough is resting, stir together chicken and bbq sauce, set aside. On a floured surface roll dough out to 14x12-inch rectangle and cut into 20 squares. Place 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture on the center of each square and top with 1 teaspoon shredded cheese. Pull corners together to enclose filling; pinch to seal. Place in a greased skillet, pie dish, or square 9x9-inch pan, sealed side down.
- In a small bowl mix the parmesan cheese and dry ranch dressing mix together. Brush tops with the butter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese mixture. Bake on lowest oven rack for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve with ranch dressing.