California Chicken Flatbread with Chipotle Ranch Sauce, juicy chicken, bacon, avocado, red peppers and cilantro!
Ohhhh my sweet heavenly stars. This flatbread…
TO DIE FOR.
Just check out the star ingredient list…
- mozzarella cheeeeeese
- fresh avocado
- crispy bacon
- sweet red peppers
- juicy chicken
- chipotle ranch
Yeah that’s pretty much all that needs to be said about this recipe.
Because seriously, I could eat every single one of those things plain and be over the moon happy, but we are putting them together on chewy flatbread.
You should see the ridiculous grin on my face right now. Hashtag hearteyedemojiface.
I made this California chicken flatbread a few weeks ago for lunch. I would have shared it for my husband, I really would have, but he was at work and even though I told myself I was going to save half and give it to him when he got home, somehow it just didn’t last that long.
I ate half for lunch, then put the rest in a tupperware in the fridge…..
for about eight seconds.
Well I tried. That counts for something right??
And I can always whip it up for him another time since it only took thirty minutes start to finish. Easy breezy California chicken cheesy flatbread with avocado and bacon. And chipotle ranch.
What people are saying about this California Chicken Flatbread with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
“I just made this tonight for dinner. And OMG!!! Was absolutely amazing! I like to try things off pinterest and if I like it, I put it in my recipe book. And this is DEFINITELY goin in there!! I added serrano peppers as well, as I like my food spicy.” – Jen
“Made this for my husband and son last night. It was really good. I marinated the chicken in teriyaki sauce all day, then I followed the recipe. To make it a bit “healthier” I think I would try eliminating the bacon and possibly adding another vegetable on top. I used whole wheat naan bread. Yummy recipe!” – JKS
“ABSOLUTELY TO DIE FOR, I had to make 2 to share with my husband of course, but like you I could of just as easily eaten this all by myself. I softened the red pepper in fry pan, and I did not use red pepper flakes or Chipotle sauce, I followed the rest of the recipe to a tee, and drizzled ranch dressing right from the bottle , it was delicious! I am a health conscious cook and this is going to the top of my chicken, carb recipes, thanks for a great dinner/snack.” – Healthy
“Made this for my husband and I for lunch, it was soooo good. We made it on 2 green style pitas and used southwest chipotle as the dressing but otherwise followed exactly and it was AMAZING. Definetely a keeper!” – Michelle
California Chicken Flatbread with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
- 1 large flatbread or naan - or 2 small, (I used Stonefire brand- my favorite!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese - (or any other favorite cheese such as monterey jack or pepperjack for a spicier version)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast - pounded to ½ inch thickness
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 2-3 slices cooked bacon - chopped
- ½ avocado - sliced or diced
- ½ red pepper - diced
- 1 tablespoon packed cilantro leaves - roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes - (optional)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning - (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook in a pan or skillet on the stove over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Dice chicken and set aside.
- Brush flatbread with olive oil. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with chicken, red peppers, and bacon. Place on a lightly greased sheet of foil and bake on the oven rack for 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- While flatbread is baking, whisk together ranch dressing and chipotle seasoning. When flatbread is finished baked, top with avocado, cilantro, and crushed red pepper flakes. Drizzle with chipotle ranch dressing and serve immediately.
Very delish!!I added red onions and left off the bacon, will be having this again very soon!
Loved this! I made it as is for my husband and I. So stinking good. My hard to please husband loved it. For the kids I made it without the red pepper and used regular ranch. And our picky kids devoured it! Will most definitely make this again!