California chicken flatbread with juicy chicken, bacon, avocado, red peppers, cilantro, and creamy chipotle ranch sauce!
Ohhhh my sweet heavenly stars. This flatbread…
TO DIE FOR.
Just check out the star ingredient list…
- mozzarella cheeeeeese
- fresh avocado
- crispy bacon
- sweet red peppers
- juicy chicken
- chipotle ranch
Yeah that’s pretty much all that needs to be said about this recipe.
Because seriously, I could eat every single one of those things plain and be over the moon happy, but we are putting them together on chewy flatbread.
You should see the ridiculous grin on my face right now. Hashtag hearteyedemojiface.
I made this California chicken flatbread a few weeks ago for lunch. I would have shared it for my husband, I really would have, but he was at work and even though I told myself I was going to save half and give it to him when he got home, somehow it just didn’t last that long.
I ate half for lunch, then put the rest in a tupperware in the fridge…..
for about eight seconds.
Well I tried. That counts for something right??
And I can always whip it up for him another time since it only took thirty minutes start to finish. Easy breezy California chicken cheesy flatbread with avocado and bacon. And chipotle ranch.
- 1 large flatbread or naan, or 2 small (I used Stonefire brand- my favorite!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or any other favorite cheese such as monterey jack or pepperjack for a spicier version)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to ½ inch thickness + salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced or diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook in a pan or skillet on the stove over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Dice chicken and set aside.
- Brush flatbread with olive oil. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with chicken, red peppers, and bacon. Place on a lightly greased sheet of foil and bake on the oven rack for 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- While flatbread is baking, whisk together ranch dressing and chipotle seasoning. When flatbread is finished baked, top with avocado, cilantro, and crushed red pepper flakes. Drizzle with chipotle ranch dressing and serve immediately.
For the sauce, you can use any brand of storebought chipotle seasoning or a homemade version. If you have neither, you can drizzle the ranch dressing straight up!