Easy and quick Choco-Berry Oatmeal comes together in minutes, is chock-full of good-for-you nutrients, and has berries and chocolate mixed in!
It was only a few years ago that I finally warmed up to the idea of oatmeal. As a kid I always associated oatmeal with Little Miss Muffet and her bowl of curds and whey which, let’s be honest, is not going to sound good to most 7 year olds. Or a lot of adults for that matter.
But I finally decided to give it a real, honest try and realized that even though yes, you can technically eat oatmeal “straight up”, you don’t have to – you can mix things into your oatmeal! Like fresh summer berries. And chocolate. And dried green juice.
Woah, dried green juice?? Yep. Dried green juice. You’ve probably noticed the “green juice” and smoothie craze going on (thank you Pinterest) and it’s popular for good reason – green foods are packed with good-for-you stuff. Being able to throw all of that into a blender and whip up a drink or smoothie is pretty awesome. But the super smart folks over at Aloha have figured out a way to turn that whole green juice idea into something bigger and better. And by bigger, I only mean figuratively because its accurately smaller – a shrunken version that can be used in so much more than a smoothie.
Like choco-berry oatmeal. (Insert heart-eyed emoji here)
I am a fan of chocolate 100% of the time, and when summertime fruits start coming into season it’s just about all I can do not to eat fresh berries for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a 2am snack so today we’re throwing both of those together in this oatmeal recipe. So quick, so tasty, so good for you.
Good morning beautiful…
- 1 serving old fashioned oats (may use quick-cooking or 1 packet instant oatmeal)
- 1 packet Aloha dried green juice (chocolate or berry flavor)
- sweetener, to taste (I used 2 teaspoons brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped chocolate (I used an Aloha organic chocolate bar)
- Prepare your oatmeal according to package's instructions. Stir dried green juice and sweetener into oatmeal.
- Gently stir in berries. Sprinkle chopped chocolate on top of oatmeal and serve warm.
I am teaming up with my friends over at Aloha to bring you this tasty oatmeal recipe because I personally use and love their products. Thanks for letting me work with brands I love to keep this here blog going!