Cinnamon roll flavored overnight oats you can mix in a hurry, chill overnight, and grab on your way out the door! Perfect for cinnamon roll lovers with busy mornings!
Here’s the thing about me and oatmeal. I never liked it growing up, mostly because I thought it looked like a big bowl of hot mush. I could never get past the idea of Little Miss Muffett on her tuffett with a bowl of mush and before you know it oatmeal was inextricably linked to spiders in my mind and it became inedible.
Luckily I grew up a little, learned to kill my own spiders, and started making some really amazing oatmeal recipes. Ones that don’t taste like mush, but rather like dessert in a form that is entirely acceptable for breakfast. I’ll take a cinnamon roll any way I can get it – and that definitely goes for an oatmeal version. I love overnight oats because they only take a couple minutes to throw together before you go to bed, and they are ready to go when you’re running out the door in the morning. (If you’re anything like me and have trouble limiting the number of times you hit the snooze button, you could use a good no-fuss breakfast go-to.) And if you haven’t tried cold oats before, it’s about time you gave it a shot – starting with these cinnamon roll overnight oats!
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese - softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Combine greek yogurt, oats, almond milk, brown sugar and cinnamon in a resealable container (I use a mason jar) and stir until smooth.
- In a small bowl whisk together softened cream cheese with powdered sugar. Add to oat mixture and stir until smooth. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.