These easy, no bake chewy granola bars have a sweet and salty flavor, awesome texture, and are perfect for breakfast or snacks on-the-go.
On a day to day basis, I just don’t have time to make elaborate breakfasts. Who does? Mornings are craziness at my house. Usually ten o’clock rolls around and my stomach is grumbling so loud it’s downright embarrassing and I grab something small and quick just to get it in my belly as fast as possible. Probably nine times out of ten it’s a granola bar.
- 1 cup whole grain cereal (I used whole grain Cheerios - something similar would work)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (both sweetened and unsweetened work fine)
- 1¼ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup nuts, roughly chopped (I used Diamond of California Whole Almonds)
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- Combine cereal, coconut, oats, salt, and chopped nuts in a bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small sauce pan combine peanut butter and honey and stir over medium heat until smooth. Stir into your oats mixture. Stir in chocolate chips if using.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with nonstick foil and lightly grease (I used cooking spray but you could also use butter or oil). Press granola mixture into your pan.
- Freeze for 20 minutes. Lift foil from the pan and place on a flat clean surface. Cut into bars. Store in airtight container together or individually wrapped in plastic wrap. Store chilled.