Savory 30-minute tacos stuffed with baked coconut-crusted shrimp and mangos, and topped with a cilantro coconut sauce to die for!
Tacos tacos tacos tacos!!!!
Yes we are having tacos today. Really yummy coconut shrimp tacos.
You can definitely eat the tacos straight up, I won’t fault you on that, but if you have ten extra seconds you should dice up some red peppers, mangos, and a bunch of pineapple and load up your tacos with all of that yummy stuff. Really, you should.
MMmmmmmmm. It’s like a tropical vacation in your mouth.
I must warn you, the coconut shrimp is so delish that if you try a bite before assembling your tacos, you just might end up with a stomach-full of shrimps and a few empty tortillas. Juuuuuust sayin.
What people are saying about these Coconut Shrimp Tacos
“We made these tonight and really enjoyed them! It made a ton of sauce… So next time I might half the recipe… But a great recipe! Thank you!” – Jennie
“This was amazing! A company worthy meal for sure!!” – Barb
Hungry for more? Try my Fish Tacos with Slaw recipe next!
Coconut Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound shrimp - peeled and de-veined and tails removed
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 8 soft taco-sized tortillas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- optional toppings: diced mango, pineapple, coleslaw, red peppers and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add eggs and water to a small bowl and whisk til smooth. Stir together flour, garlic powder, and chili powder to a second bowl. Place shredded coconut flakes in a third bowl.
- Toss shrimp in flour mixture. Next, dip shrimp in egg mixture. Lastly, toss shrimp in shredded coconut flakes.
- Place coated shrimps on prepared baking sheet and spray heavily with cooking spray. Bake about 15 minutes until shrimp are cooked and coconut flakes are golden brown.
- While shrimps are baking prepare dressing. Whisk all sauce ingredients together And chill until tacos are ready.
- To assemble tacos, fill tortillas with slaw, shrimp, mango, red peppers, pineapple and drizzle with cilantro dressing.
We made these tonight and really enjoyed them! It made a ton of sauce… So next time I might half the recipe… But a great recipe! Thank you!
These were amazing! A company woRthy meal for sure!!
This was amazing! A company worthy meal for sure!!
So glad you loved this recipe! It’s a favorite in our house for sure!
Tacos are my favorite, and this certainly looks like a delicious and filling.