Quick and easy creamy asiago bacon chicken with lots of flavor and just a few, simple ingredients.
This ^^^ is what happens when you have a quarter-block of asiago cheese hanging out in your fridge and I sort of wish it would happen every single day of my life because those flavors? NO WORDS.
Just joshin, you know me, I’ve always got something super profound to say. (insert eye-roll here)
Okay but if we are being real here, this really might be my favorite dish of all time – or at least of all….this week – simply because it meets all of my ultimate weeknight dinner checklist items.
1) easy easy easy.
2) less than 30 minutes start to finish.
3) bold, rich, indulgent flavors that make me feel like okay… I can totally make it to Friday now.
4) less than 10 ingredients. (it only has seven you guys. just 7!!)
5) B A C O N.
Alright bacon doesn’t absolutely have to be involved in order to be a great weeknight dinner, but bonus points.
Here are my hints for this winner winner chicken dinner. First, don’t stress about the basil. If you have some sitting in your fridge or on the windowsill above your kitchen sink, awesome, please throw some on top right before you serve it. But if you don’t, the dish is still amazing without it.
Second, I won’t lie, asiago can be a slightly more expensive than parmesan and if you already have parmesan cheese in your fridge, use that, don’t rush out to the store for the asiago if you don’t have to. But if you’re fresh out of parmesan and want to take the flavor of this dish up an extra notch, go for the asiago – you will not regret that extra two dollars my friends.
What people are saying about this Creamy Asiago Bacon Chicken
“Another keeper! My husband said this was the best chicken dish he has ever had. We had it with fresh spinach out of the garden which also goes great with the sauce. Thanks for another great meal.” – Joni
“I just fixed this for dinner and I am in heaven. This is a perfect recipe for big flavor, ease of creation, and few ingredients for less grocery shopping! I plan to make this for my next dinner party. Thank you for sharing!” – Jana
Creamy Asiago Bacon Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts - (OR 6 thighs)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded or shaved asiago cheese - divided, see note
- ¼ teaspoon salt - (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper - (or to taste)
- 2 strips bacon - cooked til almost crispy, finely chopped
- fresh basil - thinly sliced (for topping)
- Grease a large skillet. Cook chicken over medium heat 5-8 minutes on each side until cook through and lightly browned.
- Add garlic to pan and saute for about 1 minute until fragrant. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of the cheese and set aside. Add heavy cream and bring to a gentle boil, stirring throughout. stir in cheese, salt, and pepper and continue to stir until cheese is completely melted and incorporated. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in half of the bacon and cook another 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle reserved cheese and remaining bacon on top and serve immediately, topped with fresh basil and cracked black pepper if desired.
I hope you will have more tips on how to cook Asian food 🙂 Thank you and have a nice day!
My wife said this was the best chicken she ever had, the only difference I made was cooking the chicken in the grease of the 4 strips of bacon I used. Excellent recipe, thanks
Delicious. Made it by the recipe. It is my new favorite recipe. And, most important, it’s my family’s favorite too!
Super excited to hear that this recipe was a family hit!! Thanks, Jane!
CAn’t wait to try it hubby MAKing it as I write yum,yum had it once before at ruby tuesday.☺
Hope you loved it!
It was SOO GOOE WE SAUTEED MUSHROOMS AND ADDED IT TO THW SAUCE