Filipino style chicken adobo with bold, authentic flavors is easy to make with simple ingredients and seasonings.
Love chicken adobo? Never tried it? Either way, this recipe is about to blow your mind and up your weeknight dinner game.
I grew up on cream of chicken casseroles and gravy roast but somewhere between being introduced to Indian samosas and sushi in my teenage years I fell in love with all sorts of flavors and I love them all. Filipino style chicken adobo is packed with SO much amazing flavor.
My version is really easy to make with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and if you don’t, you can get them at any grocery store. I swapped out whole Thai chiles for sriracha chili sauce because it’s a lot easier to find and adds a lot of the same flavor and kick to the sauce for this chicken. You’re going to love this incredibly easy and tasty Filipino dish!
Filipino Style Chicken Adobo
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- optional: 3 bay leaves
- sliced green onions and steamed rice for serving
- Place chicken in a large ziplock bag. Add garlic, sriracha sauce, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, pepper, brown sugar and (optional) bay leaves to the bag, seal, and slosh around to combine ingredients. Chill for 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Drizzle oil into a medium-large skillet. Add chicken and marinade to the pan and cook chicken for 5-8 minutes, then turn over and cook another 5-8 minutes until chicken is cooked though.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice and garnish with sliced green onions.