One pan mediterranean chicken with roasted red pepper sauce is ready in less than 30 minutes and full of amazing flavors!
One pan meals are where it is AT you guys. By now you know that I love food, but I’m a firm believer in the spoiler theory. The spoiler theory is something I just made up in my head (so obviously it’s very legitimate) that explains why food that takes forever and a day to prepare or requires an overabundance of labor doesn’t taste as good.
It can be traced back to when I was a teenager and I would beg my mother to make me a ham and cheese sandwich “because it tastes so much better when you make it” even though I was perfectly capable of making the exact same ham and cheese sandwich on my own. When it takes too long or too much effort, it just doesn’t taste as good.
The ham and cheese sammy is an over exaggeration (kind of) but you get my point, yeah?
That’s why I’m convinced that a meal that can be ready in about 30 minutes, give or take a few, tastes better – and if cleanup only requires two minutes because you only used a blender and one pan to make said dish? ALL the better. This one pan mediterranean chicken is quick, easy, and tossed in the most incredibly creamy and delicious roasted red pepper sauce everrrrr. You will make this again and again I tell ya.
What people are saying about this One Pan Mediterranean Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
“Fabulous recipe! Something fresh and new, with well-balanced flavors that made the whole family rave! Went very well with some Italian oven roasted veggies. Next time (and there absolutely will be a next time) I want to try it over some thin spaghetti noodles with garlic toast.”
“This meal was just magical. In my top 5 for sure. Don’t forget the feta and basil, that’s what makes it so good!” – Virginie
“This was absolutely scrumptious! Restaurant quality with very little preparation/work. Dinner on the table within 30 mins!” – Kelly
“Oh. My. Word. I used coconut milk instead of heavy cream to make this dairy free and I roasted my own bell peppers. I wanted to drink the sauce. HEAVENLY.” – Stephanie
One Pan Mediterranean Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers (see note)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- thinly sliced fresh basil (optional)
- Combine roasted red peppers, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender Pulse til smooth.
- Grease a large skillet. Season chicken with remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Cook chicken in your greased skillet over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through and lightly browned on the outside. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Transfer red pepper mixture to the pan and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes until hot throughout. Add heavy cream and stir until mixture is thick and creamy. Add chicken and toss in the sauce to coat. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil and serve.