Parmesan bacon mushroom fettuccine has the most incredible flavors and comes together in just thirty minutes for the perfect go-to weeknight pasta dish.
There are a lot of things I love about this fettuccine + bacon + parmesan + mushroom situation. I am normally a huge (HUGE) sauce person – the kind that needs seventeen packets of ketchup for her seventeen fries – but sometimes when I’m eating pasta I have to tap out early because the noodles with all of that scrumptious sauce and meat, and cheese… it can get a little bit heavy. But not this dish. You get a very light, creamy coating on the noodles with all of the flavor you love without getting drowned out by the sauce.
Plus there is bacon involved. And parmesan. Two things you know I just can’t turn down. And all of this is happening in just thirty minutes, pasta-boiling and all. BAM. Weeknight dinner is served.
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 3-4 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup shaved parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook noodles according to package's instructions, drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat til almost crispy. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes until mushrooms are tender and garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in heavy cream and parmesan and continue to stir 1-2 minutes until parmesan is melted. Add noodles and stir to coat in sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste, top with additional parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper and serve.