Easy, incredibly tasty Slow Cooker Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is the perfect make ahead crockpot breakfast for any occasion with sausage, tater tots, bacon, and loads of melty cheddar cheese!
This post is in partnership with McCormick Spices.
In case you haven’t noticed, Christmas is less than one week away. WHAT?! Yeah that’s happening, it’s coming like a freight train and it’s time to make sure you’ve got your holiday menu all planned out.
Relax though because I’ve got you covered with this super easy crockpot breakfast recipe. It’s got so much savory breakfast-y goodness packed into it you’ll be swooning with just one bite.
So here’s how you make the best breakfast casserole ever right in your slow cooker! Layer tater tots in the bottom of your greased slow cooker, then brown the sausage for about five minutes on the stove. You can skip this step if you use fully pre-cooked breakfast sausage! Chop it up and scatter it over the tater tots along with chopped, cooked bacon.
Next you whisk together eggs, milk, and the key ingredient, McCormick Slow Cooker Ultimate Egg Casserole Seasoning Mix. This stuff is AMAZING. I’ve been a slow cooker fan for ages and this new product is speaking right to my easy, make-ahead breakfast lovin’ heart. It’s basically a little envelope loaded with all of the bold seasonings and flavors you need to make this breakfast casserole the star of your holiday morning.
Pour that mixture over the tater tots, sausage, and bacon, then top with a whole bunch of shredded cheddar cheese and finish it all off with more bacon.
Cover and cook for a few hours, then garnish with chopped green onions just before serving. You don’t need to add a thing, but my father in law may or may not have added ketchup to his and my husband swears by a drizzle of hot sauce. I tried ranch dressing on some leftovers and it was straight heaven. So eat it as is or add anything that makes your heart sing!
Slow Cooker Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 1/4 pounds frozen tater tots see note
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 pound breakfast sausage see note
- 1 packet McCormick Slow Cooker Ultimate Egg Casserole Seasoning Mix
- 4-5 slices thick cut bacon, cooked til crisp and chopped
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and seasoning packet. Pour over tater tots, sausage, and bacon. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top, then add remaining bacon.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-5 hours. Sprinkle chopped green onions over the top and serve warm.