A Sheet Pan Breakfast is an all-in-one, protein-packed option for those busy holiday gatherings or any time you need a quick, delicious breakfast. With crispy shredded hash browns, sausage links, and sunny-side-up eggs, I think you’ll agree this is hands-down the easiest breakfast you’ll ever make.
This post is sponsored by Simply Potatoes. All opinions are my own.
You know what’s great about house guests and holiday entertaining in general? Well, besides getting to spend lots of time with friends and family that I love so dearly, it’s feeding them! I know this can be a stressful part of having people stay at your house but I relish it. (Punny, I know.) I love to plan what everyone’s going to eat while they’re at my house. Sure, there’s always some room for improvisation and of course we go out to eat from time to time but I usually know what meals everyone will be around for and I get so excited about figuring out what I’m going to make.
Sometimes the hardest meal to make for me though is breakfast. It’s not that it’s early per say, it’s more that breakfasts can require a lot of ingredients, pots and pans, utensils, burner space, oven space, and time in general.
That’s why I love sheet pan breakfasts (and lunches and dinners). You can eat all the same breakfast foods we’ve all come to love and expect, but without all the cleanup.
This recipe has all the three major breakfast food groups: eggs, meat, and carbs, and not only cooks up in a hurry but is made even easier thanks to Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. If you haven’t tried this pre-shredded goodness yet, you are missing out. And they crisp up like a dream and complement the eggs and sausage so well, you’ll wonder why you have never tried them before for your gatherings, holiday or otherwise.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A SHEET PAN BREAKFAST?
To make this sheet pan breakfast, you’ll need a sheet pan of course, but also one package of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, olive oil, seasoning blend, shredded cheese, sausage links, eggs, and your favorite herbs.
Grease your baking sheet and preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Put the hash browns on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper, and sprinkle with your seasoning. (I like Italian seasoning, but Southwest or another one that you like on your potatoes would work just as well.) Mix the spices around onto the hashbrowns and push them off to one half of the sheet pan. Bake these alone for 10 minutes.
After they’ve had their first bake, you’ll want to flip them over to get both sides nice and crispy. Also, at this time you can add the sausage links to the pan. Put the sheet pan back in the oven again for another 15-20 minutes.
Pull these out and add the eggs to the remaining open space on the sheet pan. They won’t be perfectly spaced, but that’s okay, don’t touch them and move them around, you can cut them out later after they are baked. Cheese the hashbrowns and gently put the sheet pan back into the oven for a final cooking of about another 10 minutes or so, depending on how long you like your yolks cooked.
After pulling the pan out of the oven one last time, go ahead and season the eggs with salt and pepper and add those herbs you chopped earlier. Serve and smile!
HOW CAN I CUSTOMIZE A SHEET PAN BREAKFAST?
- For a more fun egg presentation, you can make little egg “nests” right in the hashbrowns. Push the back of a spoon into various spots in the hashbrowns making about 3-inch round empty spaces in which to crack the eggs. Cook as directed.
- Make egg sandwiches! Make up a batch of these Knott’s Berry Farm Buttermilk Biscuits (or buy some premade biscuits or rolls) and slice them in half. Add an egg, two sausage links, and top with more cheese and mayo or your condiment of choice.
- Sprinkle with hot sauce or red pepper flakes for a little a.m. heat.
- If you have a lot of people dining with you, you could make two batches of this dish, allowing the hashbrowns to cover the bottom of both pans. When it’s time to add eggs, make the egg wells or “nests” and drop in the eggs. You’ll need to make the meat separately, but this still feeds a crowd simply and easily.
- Make hash browns as above, but add diced ham or pancetta to them as they cook for a protein-packed start to your morning.
- Take the sausage out of the casing and cook separately, adding the ground sausage to the hashbrowns while the eggs are cooking. I know it’s an extra step, but this will keep your hashbrowns and eggs from getting too greasy this way.
- Substitute a veggie instead of the sausage if you’d like to make this dish more vegetarian-friendly. Sliced bell peppers and onions, mushrooms, and even halved Brussels sprouts roast up so well on a sheet pan. You won’t even miss the meat!
I think no matter which direction you choose for your Sheet Pan Breakfast, you’re going to love the idea of it, and because of the help you’ll get by using Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, you’re sure to come back to it again and again throughout the season.
More breakfast recipes you’ll love:
Sheet Pan Breakfast
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning blend - OR Southwest seasoning blend
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese - or Monterey Jack cheese
- 6-8 breakfast sausage links
- 6 large eggs
- chopped green onions, parsley, thyme, or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange the hash browns on a greased baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with Italian or Southwest blend seasonings and salt and pepper to taste, toss to combine. Gently push the hash browns onto one half of the sheet pan so that the other half is empty.
- Add sausage links to the pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and add them one at a a time to the empty area of the baking sheet. Do not touch them. Sprinkle cheese over the hash browns. Carefully transfer the pan back to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until the sausages are done and egg yolks are cooked to your preference.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper and garnish everything with fresh herbs of choice. Serve immediately.