Banana Bread Pancakes are the ultimate breakfast twist on classic banana bread!
It’s monday, my kitchen floor is healing better than expected, and it may or may not be my birthday sooooo PANCAKES. Yeah that sounds about right.
Banana bread is pretty much the only banana-including-food on the planet that I actually like. I loathe plain bananas, absolutely despise them. I don’t like banana-flavored candy and I will never drink a smoothie with banana in it. Don’t tell me I can’t taste it, I can and it ruins the whole entire smoothie for me.
But banana bread. That I like.
Today we’re expanding that list to two items. Banana bread… and banana bread pancakes.
Because these are the pancake BOMB.
They’re so fluffy and moist and sweet and gahhhhhhh they’re just amazing. I love drizzling a big ol’ stack of these banana bread pancakes with maple syrup and sprinkling on some chopped nuts for a little crunch. You can even throw some walnuts into the batter if you love banana walnut bread. Or if you’re like my husband, chocolate chips.
Because according to him, if it doesn’t have chocolate chips, it’s just lacking.
What people are saying about these Banana Bread Pancakes
“Just made these and they’re fantastic!!! Took a few bites and realized the bananas caramelize in direct contact with the heat – and wow what a flavour! Will make these often, thank you for the recipe! and yes, the walnuts are a great addition, I sprinkled them onto the pancakes before flipping them and they got toasted perfectly.” – Michelle
“OH MY GOSH. I just made these pancakes for my family and they are so delicious! They were fluffy and perfectly sweet on their own but tasted even better with maple syrup! I added some cinnamon and more vanilla. Thank you so much!”- Isabella
“I followed all measurements and doubled it. Tasted yummy and kids loved it!! Definitely will be making these again!! This is my 2nd tried and true recipe from your blog and I look forward to trying more .” – Becky
Banana Bread Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium very ripe bananas - mashed
- ⅓ cup pecans - or walnuts
- optional: syrup, semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat a skillet, pan, or griddle to medium heat (about 275 degrees).
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl mix together egg, milk, butter, vanilla, and mashed bananas. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined (do not overmix, a few lumps are okay!). Gently stir in nuts.
- Lightly grease your preheated skillet. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes until edges begin to look "dry". Flip with spatula, then cook another 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with syrup and chopped nuts as desired.
This awesome pancake recipe has been sponsored by Diamond of California – Thanks for letting me work with the brands I love to keep this here blog going!