Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes – Pancakes that taste just like fresh from the oven peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!
Philly was a par-tay, I’m already craving a good cheese steak. But we are back in Arlington, VA now and um, it snowed last night! It hasn’t snowed before while we’ve been here so I didn’t really pack winter-y cold weather clothing. I brought a coat but, I didn’t bring snow-ready shoes if you know what I mean. Keds? Cute as all get out. But, not really all-weather approved. I didn’t think it would snow! And these pancakes? Not exactly warming me up right now since I made them before I left for this #eastcoastadventure. Does anywhere in VA deliver hot pancakes and cocoa??
Do you like peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? Good. Then you need to make these pancakes. They taste just like a peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. (go figure) But really, a soft fluffy peanut butter flavored buttermilk pancake stuffed with chewy oats and chocolate chips? Heaven! Plus, since you eat them warm (obviously –> pancakes) they taste just like a cookie that is still warm and gooey from the oven. This kind of breakfast just sings to me.
What people are saying about these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes
“I just made these…turned out GREAT! I make a ton of pancakes (at least 1-2x weekly) and was a little leery of a new recipe at first, but yours was spot on… I did cook them over a medium-low heat, keeping it around 325ºF. I also add the chips after I pour the batter; I find it’s much easier to distribute them and ensure all pancakes get a decent dose.” – Mark
“These were AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for the recipe! ” – Brenda
“While my finish product dIdn’t quite look the same, the pancakes were rather Tasty. Thanks for sharing.” – Jason
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- optional: peanut butter, syrup, powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat a large nonstick pan or griddle to medium heat. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and oats. Whisk to combine.
- In another larger bowl, combine buttermilk, milk, butter, peanut butter, and eggs. Mix until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients until just combined (it's okay if it is still a little lumpy). Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease pan or griddle with cooking spray and pour about 1/4-1/3 cup batter onto pan. Cook 1-2 minutes until edges begin to look "dry" and bubbled form in the batter. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes until bottom side is lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter. Top with additional peanut butter (I like to put mine in the microwave for a few seconds to make it pourable), powdered sugar, or syrup if desired. Enjoy!