Easy Chili Cornbread Skillet Pie is easy to whip up and fun to eat!
Chili and cornbread, cornbread and chili… they just work.
Also? I feel like chili and cornbread are one of those meal combinations that work all year round. Summer backyard parties, winter comfort food… there’s just never a time when it doesn’t hit the spot.
This easy 5 ingredient chili is so easy and quick to whip up. Oh and delicious. But for the full experience, you’ve gotta top it with the cornbread. I love that the cornbread soaks up a little bit of that chili-saucy goodness from underneath. Mmmmmmmm.
You know, one of my goals in creating recipes and sharing them with all of you awesome friends is to make sure that I’m giving you great ideas for getting your family to the table. I am a huge supporter of family dinner time and some of my fondest memories from my childhood are of family dinner talk. Catching up with the craziness of a 9-child family can get a little out of hand but we always had so much to share there was definitely never a dull moment. This recipes takes a little shortcut by using Bisquick in the corn bread so you get great flavor without having to spend extra time prepping dinner!
Chili Cornbread Skillet Pie
- 3 cans beans - drained and rinsed, (I used red kidney, black beans, and pinto beans)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425 and grease a large skillet. In your skillet stir together beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning.
- In a medium bowl whisk together Bisquick, corn meal, sugar, salt, and chili powder. Add milk and eggs and mix well. Pour batter on top of chili in the skillet.
- Place a sheet of foil on your oven rack (just in case for spills - I didn't have any but better safe than sorry!) and place the skillet in the middle of the rack on top of the foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cornbread is baked through and golden brown on top. Serve immediately.
Annnnnnd I have a bonus dessert recipe for you! What’s better than a quick and easy dessert that will be ready within 20 minute of finishing dinner?? NOTHING. And we are sticking with a skillet-theme tonight…..
Easy 4 ingredient Skillet Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie! Keep your family around the dinner table a little longer tonight with a fantastic dessert that won’t stress you out and will get everyone excited. Because really, who doesn’t love a giant cookie? No one I tell ya.
Wham-bam dinner and dessert are served y’all.
- 1 17.5 ounce package Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add cookie mix to a large bowl and whisk in oats. Add egg and butter and mix until dough comes together.
- Gently press cookie dough into a greased large deep-dish skillet (or 2 medium skillets). Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with ice cream and caramel sauce if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.