A tasty Philly Cheesesteak Pizza recipe inspired by the classic Philly cheesesteak sandwich – topped with the BEST easy homemade alfredo sauce, melty mozzarella cheese, seasoned steak, and bell peppers!
I am loving all things Philly cheesesteak lately. And I’m also craving pizza like a crazy lady. Sooooo….. yeah, this Philly chested thing – it happened.
My absolute favorite part of this pizza is hands down, the sauce. That alfredo sauce is so crazy-delicious and so crazy-easy to make, it’s nuts. Just nuts. I’m completely head over heels for it. I loved it before this recipe came to be because it’s actually a go-to of mine and I use it in a lot of recipes. But this is the first time I have put it on pizza and I am dying over it.
Then you add the juicy steak, peppers, onions, and all of that melty gooey mozzarella cheeeeeese.
I cannot resist…
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza crust (I used[url href=”https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/cookbook” target=”_blank”] Miracle Dough[/url])
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought alfredo sauce (see recipe below)
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked chopped or diced steak (see note)
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips (I used 1/4 red pepper, and 1/4 green pepper)
- 1/8 onion, thinly sliced
- alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk or half & half (I use fat free half & half – works great!)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (not the canned stuff)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 420. (Or, if using packaged pizza crust, heat to the temperature listed on package). Grease a baking sheet or round pizza pan and roll out crust on the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, prepare the alfredo sauce (if using recipe listed). Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in the flour until mixture clumps up. Gradually whisk in the milk, increase heat to medium-high and continue to whisk until mixture becomes smooth. Add cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir until cheese is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce (or more to taste) over the half-baked pizza crust. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Top with steak pieces, onions, and bell pepper strips. Bake for 10-15 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is completely melted. Slice and serve warm.