The best, simplest, cheesiest appetizer is this spinach artichoke dip. Amazing for holidays, gatherings, tailgating, parties, New Year’s – you name it! Always a crowd favorite!
Looking for more easy, delicious appetizer recipes for all occasions? Check out my popular posts for Buffalo Mac and Cheese Cups, Cheddar Jalapeno Pretzel Bites, and Crispy Korean BBQ Oven Baked Chicken Wings.
Why This Recipe Works
Perfect app recipe – If you’re looking for something to take to your next tailgate or game day, holiday gathering, or party, or just want to have one of those fun appetizery dinners (I’m a big fan) in front of the most recent Disney movie, this dip is it!
Fast – All you have to do is mix a few easy ingredients together, pop it in the oven, and presto! A fabulously tasty, cheesy, warm app (the jalapenos even make it kind of taste a bit like a jalapeno popper dip, too!) is ready when you are.
Makes a lot – This one recipe makes enough to serve about 16 people, so it’s perfect for whatever crowd you need to feed.
Great for leftovers – Don’t underestimate the deliciousness of this hot spinach dip the next day. Especially when you spoon it between to pieces of crusty, thick-sliced bread and grill it up like a grill cheese. Add some bacon or prosciutto if you like. Also makes a great quesadilla topping!
Here’s How You Make It
You’re less than an hour away from diving into this amazing spinach artichoke dip!
- First, turn your oven on to 350 degrees.
- Next, get out a large bowl and mix together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt or sour cream, garlic, mayo, mozzarella, parm, spinach, jalapeno peppers, salt, and pepper.
- Spread this into a deep pie dish or use a baking dish or 9×13 inch pan. (Spray with cooking spray first to ensure easy cleaning.)
- Let it bake for about 25 minutes or till the cheeses start to bubble and brown.
What Chips Go Good with Spinach Artichoke Dip?
- I usually serve this spinach dip with tortilla chips, bread, or crackers.
- Another idea is to spread this spinach dip recipe on a flatbread and give it another bake with some roasted garlic mixed in or pesto drizzled over it!
- Homemade or store-bought pita chips are also delicious to dip in this appetizer.
- Pretzel or pita chips make an nice, salty, edible dipping spoon too.
Ideas for Customizing This Recipe
Feel like customizing this spinach artichoke dip to your liking? Go for it! Some ideas include:
- Add some finely diced white or yellow onion (about half an onion) to the dip before baking. Or sauté the onions in a little garlic first before adding them to the dip and baking.
- I like to put some chopped black olives into this dip from time to time too.
- You could also mix up the cheeses, adding all parmesan or a mixture of parm and gruyere both in the dip and sprinkled over the top for extra cheesy goodness.
- While you might be tempted to skip adding the diced jarred jalapenos, I recommend you don’t. The jalapenos really don’t add that much heat at all. Just a hint of heat is all. The jarred jalapenos tend to be on the milder side to begin with and you only use a 1/3 to a ½ cup chopped finely so just a little bit of the jalapenos are spread throughout this spinach artichoke recipe.
- This hot spinach dip recipe makes a large batch (I’m always feeding a crowd when I make this and it is always a hit and gets devoured!) but it can easily be halved for a smaller group.
- Don’t skip the step for wringing out the spinach. If you don’t, your dip will be a watery mess!
- You can refrigerate this spinach artichoke dip for up to 4-5 days.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Simple Guacamole Recipe (best ever!)
- Easy Buffalo Cauliflower
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Baked Korean BBQ Chicken Wings
- Best Simple Guacamole
Did you try this incredible delish Spinach Artichoke Dip? YAY! Please rate the recipe below!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese - softened
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt - or sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayo - I prefer olive oil mayo
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic - or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz jar artichoke hearts - drained, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces frozen spinach - thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- ⅓-½ cup canned/jarred sliced jalapeno peppers - finely chopped (optional but HIGHLY recommended)
- ¼-½ teaspoon salt - to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste - I use about 1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked (not ground) black pepper
- tortilla chips or thinly sliced baguette - for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), mayo, garlic, mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, spinach, jalapeño peppers, and salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture into a deep dish pie dish, or a 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until cheese are bubbly and begin to brown.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or bread. Enjoy!