Vegetable Medley Foil Packs are loaded with carrots, peas, corn, green beans, and potatoes, seasoned and topped with parmesan cheese. The perfect way to serve your favorite vegetables when grilling!
This post has been sponsored by Libby’s®. I received product and compensation, but all opinions are my own.
Grilling season is the best season, am I right??
During the hot summer months, the last thing I want to do is heat up my oven or get stuck inside standing over a stove— if I can instead be outside cooking while my kids run through the yard. I use my grill all year round but when summer hits, that baby gets fired up 4-5 times a week for weeknight meals and especially any time we are having family or friends over for a BBQ.
If you’re anything like me, you probably have no problem coming up with entrees for your grilling menu, but what about the side dishes? On so many occasions I’ve found myself scrambling to come up with an answer to that same old question “what can I serve with grilled ____”?
Enter Libby’s® Vegetable Pouches. They come in five family favorites – Sweet Peas, Cut Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Mixed Vegetables – all grown and packed in the United States. These flexible, standup straight pouches fit easily into your pantry or cupboard, taking up less space than boxes or cans, and will surely become what you reach for anytime you’re in need of a side dish solution to your grilled entrees.
Today I’m showing you how you can use Libby’s® Vegetable Pouches to create Vegetable Medley Foil Packs, perfect for serving alongside any grilled dish. Simply open and drain the pouches, and spoon the veggies into the middle of a large piece of foil. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, a few dried herbs, and top with a little butter. Fold and seal the foil pack and grill for about 10 minutes. Open, garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley, and serve.
That’s seriously all there is to it! These veggie foil packs will be your go-to all season long.
Vegetable Medley Foil Packs
- 2 Libby's Mixed Vegetables Vegetable Pouches - drained
- 1 Libby's Sliced Carrots Vegetable Pouch - drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley, for garnish - optional
- Stir together mixed vegetables and sliced carrots. Divide mixture between four 12x12 inch pieces of foil, placing veggies in a heap in the center of each foil piece. Season veggies with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir together garlic powder, and dried oregano, basil, thyme, and parsley. Sprinkle over veggies. Place 1 tablespoon butter on top of each heap of veggies and fold foil pack closed, pinching together edges to prevent leaking.
- Grill over medium-high for 4-5 minutes on each side. Allow to cool slightly before opening. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley and serve.
For more vegetable recipe ideas, visit http://www.getbacktothetable.com/.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Libby’s. The opinions and text are all mine.