Thick and chewy, super Fudgy Double Chocolate Cookies.
Sooooooo chocolate. If you tell me you are not a chocolate person we may not be able to continue our relationship.
Okay that’s not true, we can still be friends. But just a different kind of friend. Less of a late night stuff your face with double chocolate cookies in very baggy sweats while watching Bride Wars friend, but still friends.
Also, what is “not a chocolate person” anyway?? Like…. what is a person to do if they don’t like chocolate. At all.
I just don’t know how super fudgy double chocolate cookies can be resisted. I get that there is a time and a place for fruit smoothies and jelly bellies, trust me I am all over that. But heaven knows there are days when I. need. chocolate. And usually in an abundance.
These cookies are seriously so so fudgy-licious. They are extra-rich because they are made with cream cheese and have two kinds of chocolate. You could even add a third chocolate in there by using semi sweet and milk chocolate chips. If you wanna be super crazy like that.
Quick tip: don’t over bake these. They should be just a little bit underdone when you take them out of the oven, and then they will continue baking on the pan for about 10 minutes. That’s the secret to these super fudgy cookies.
Well what are you still doing here?? Go make yourself a batch ya crazy!
Fudgy Double Chocolate Cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter - softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together butter, cream cheese, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, egg, and milk and mix well.
- In a second bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, corn starch, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. If mixture is too dry and doesn't come together, you can add a couple more teaspoons of milk if needed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheet. (see note) Bake for 10-12 minutes (don't over bake) and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temperature.