30 minutes and a handful of ingredients are all you need to throw together this incredibly flavored one skillet maple mustard glazed chicken!
I think I may have mentioned before (like only seven hundred and eleven times) that I am a S A U C E person. Not to be confused with a saucy person, though, I may be that too…
But a sauce person. AKA: a person who obsessively stocks ranch dressing in the fridge, wants fries with her ketchup, and in the classiest way slips any extra packets of Chick-fil-A sauce into her purse for later.
Hiiiiiii, nice to meet you! I’m not weird at all.
If you are a sauce person, I know you can relate and you are sitting here saying – OMG she gets me. I do. I totally get you. Which is why I already know that you are going to lick the back of the spoon when you are fixing this maple mustard glazed chicken, and I’m going to do you a huge favor right now and tell you to double that sauce. You can keep it all for this skillet chicken, orrrrrrr you can store half of it in the fridge for later. Think dipping sauce for your potato wedges and chicken tenders, or a topping for steamed veggies.
Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to even thickness) or 4-6 chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup stone ground (or coarse ground) dijon mustard (you can find this near the traditional yellow mustard in grocery stores)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- optional: fresh herbs (like thyme or parsley) for topping
- Grease a large skillet and cook chicken 5-8 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl whisk together mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add to pan (same pan you cooked the chicken in, no need to clean it out first) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add chicken, and toss chicken in the sauce to coat well.
- Garnish with fresh herbs if desired and serve immediately.