Orange Teriyaki Chicken – Seasoned chicken and veggies sautéed with a mouthwatering sweet and tangy orange teriyaki sauce!
I love really love to travel. My husband does some traveling for work and sometimes I get to go with him. (Woohoo!) We’ve been some really fun places like Chicago and Dallas and Washington D.C. and some…. not-as-fun places… like some tiny town outside of Boise Idaho in the depths of winter. We are taking a trip back to D.C. in March and it just hit me today that it’s only a week away because…. it’s MARCH!. Wha>!>? Sorta creeped up on me. I’m seriously so dang stoked for this trip. But…. I’m a little stressed! We are gonna be gone for two whole weeks and that’s a long time to be away from your stove. Two weeks of no cooking. This hasn’t happened since…. before Creme de la Crumb even existed. Woah. I think I’m going to go into withdrawals. Just be prepared for that.
P.S. don’t worry, I’ve got lots of recipes to share with you while I’m in D.C. even though I won’t be cooking there. Annnnnd I’ll probably bore you to death with some D.C. photography love.
I love meals like this Orange Teriyaki Chicken that require minimal prep and I can get on the table in less than 30 minutes. Can you believe that?? This dish only takes 30 minutes! In other words: you need to make it. A few months ago I made Orange Teriyaki Salmon (click HERE for that recipe!) and I loved the sauce so much that I had to bring back a similar version in this Orange Teriyaki Chicken. A little sweet, a touch of tang, a bit of saltiness. Sooooo finger-lickin good. Easy, delicious, quick as a whip… what more can you ask for?
What people are saying about this Orange Teriyaki Chicken
“I made this for my boyfriend last weekend, and it was a huge hit! (and I might add he’s quite the critic). So delicious and flavorful, and a great substitute for Chinese when you’re craving it, that won’t make you feel gross ” – Jenny
“Fixed this for dinner tonight. The husband said it looked and tasted like I had gotten take-out. We will definitely be having this again! I used a slightly different combination of vegetables, but the sauce is what makes this dish. Thanks for this yummy addition to my recipe file. I also really love your beautiful pictures. You have a very good eye for detail.” – Lorie
Next, try my Best Teriyaki Sauce recipe – you’ll love it!
Orange Teriyaki Chicken
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts - chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium zucchini - peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot - thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 1 green pepper - chopped
- optional: cooked white or brown rice
- zest and juice of one orange
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add chicken and veggies to a large pan or non stick skillet and cook over medium heat 8-12 minutes, stirring throughout til chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all sauce ingredients. Pour over chicken and veggies, and bring sauce to a boil. Whisk together cold water and corn starch. Pour cornstarch slurry into pan. Stir until sauce thickens. Serve warm with rice and garnish with green onions if desired.