Pumpkin Swirl Brownies – Amazingly dense fudgey chocolate brownies swirled with a delicious pumpkin cream cheese batter!!!
Pumpkin season is not over yet people! I make and eat pumpkin desserts all year round if we’re being completely honest here, but I do feel there is an official pumpkin season. That season starts September 1st, and ends December 31st. We have one month left to enjoy pumpkin in its fullest glory and I am going to do just that. Don’t worry though, I have many many other seasonal flavors planned for the next month, so pumpkin is probably getting one of its last shout outs of the year today.
These brownies are dense, just how I like a good brownie, and rich with fudgey chocolate flavor! That would be marvelous all on its own, but just wait til you sink your teeth into that creamy pumpkin swirled center! This brownie is bringing the best of both worlds, pumpkin and chocolate together. A lovely combination for any sweet treat. Make these for your upcoming holiday get-together! They are as beautiful as they are delicious and will leave everyone deeply impressed and begging for more!
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
Pumpkin Swirl Batter
- 3 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars. add cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. Add flour and mix until just combined. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl cream together cream cheese, sugar, and pumpkin puree until smooth. Add egg, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon and mix until completely incorporated. Drop spoonfuls of pumpkin swirl batter onto brownie batter in pan. Use a clean knife to gently swirl pumpkin batter into brownie batter (I like using a figure-eight pattern over and over for beautiful swirls).
- Bake 35-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in airtight container.