Light and creamy chicken chili made in your crockpot with avocado, fresh cilantro, and a hint of lime!
So easy. So tasty. This is what weeknight dinner dreams are made of.
The recipe says to add sliced avocado “if desired” but I may have to change that to you will definitely regret it if you do not add avocado to your bowl of steaming hot cream cheese chicken chili!! because after trying it without and then with the avocado it’s like going from hey that’s pretty yummy to I NEED MORE! So skip a step and add avocado. I’m doing you a favor here.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small white or yellow onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I used reduced fat), softened
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- toppings: shredded cheese, sliced avocado, limes for squeezing
- Add chicken, broth, beans, onion, and seasonings to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours, or on low 4-5 hours.
- about 30 minutes before serving, add cream cheese. Cover and cook another half hour.
- Uncover, stir to mix cream cheese into soup and shred chicken with two forks. Taste, add salt and pepper to taste as needed. Stir in chopped cilantro. Serve hot and top with shredded cheese and avocado slices if desired.