Light and creamy chicken chili made in your crockpot with avocado, fresh cilantro, and a hint of lime! This Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili is a huge hit with even the pickiest eaters!
Slow Cooker Recipes are a life saver on busy nights, just like Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos, Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala Soup, and Slow Cooker Creamy Beef Stroganoff.
So easy. So tasty. This is what weeknight dinner dreams are made of.
This is one of those things that happened because I was craving a few different flavors and needed them pronto. As in, today. So I combined chicken + two kinds of beans + and cream cheese in my crockpot and this is what happened. This light and creamy chicken chili that I just can’t get enough of.
The recipe says to add sliced avocado “if desired” but I may have to change that to you will definitely regret it if you do not add avocado to your bowl of steaming hot cream cheese chicken chili!! because after trying it without and then with the avocado it’s like going from hey that’s pretty yummy to I NEED MORE! So skip a step and add avocado. I’m doing you a favor here.
What people are saying about this Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili Recipe
“Just made this and it is DELICIOUS. I shredded some garlic in too for some extra flavor. Thanks so much- definitely will be making this again.” – Katherine
“I love this recipe!” – Rachel
Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 cups chicken broth - low sodium
- 2 cans pinto beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 can white beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion - yellow or white
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese - (I use reduced fat), softened
- handful cilantro - roughly chopped
- shredded cheese
- limes for squeezing
- Add chicken, broth, beans, onion, and seasonings to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours, or on low 4-5 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add cream cheese. Cover and cook another half hour.
- Uncover, stir to mix cream cheese into soup and shred chicken with two forks. Taste, add salt and pepper to taste as needed. Stir in chopped cilantro. Serve hot and top with shredded cheese and avocado slices if desired.
I narrowed my search to “low fat” using the button in the sidebar on the homepage. This is the first recipe that came up. This recipe is NOT low fat. It has 23 grams of fat with 12 grams saturated fat. Due to gallbladder disease, I need recipes that have fewer than 10 grams of total fat, including 3 grams or less of saturated fat. It’s very difficult to find things to eat that are truly low fat. I’m getting tired of plain grilled chicken. Please consider updating your low fat search to show only recipes that are actually low fat. Thanks!
Made this tonight but added two cans of rotel. It was delicious. Added just a kick of spice that we love!! Will definitely make this again. Oh and I made in the instapot with frozen chicken and only cooked 45 minutes!!!