Set it and forget it slow cooker honey bbq beef brisket slathered in sweet and rich bbq sauce is so juicy and tender it will melt in your mouth.
This is what mid-week dinner and weekend tailgating dreams are made of.
For my wedding we had our luncheon – immediately after the wedding ceremony – at a Brazilian restaurant downtown called Tucanos where they bring around the most incredible array of meats you can imagine, from bacon-wrapped chicken to beef tenderloin and glazed pork, hot off these giant skewers.
We’d been there a couple of times while we were dating and couldn’t get enough so we made it part of our Big Day. Every time we go to that restaurant I get especially excited about one particular dish that they make, and that my friends is the brisket. I don’t know what they put in or on that brisket but sweet heaven it is magical. I’ve had a special place in my heart for brisket ever since the first glorious bite.
One of these days I’m going to have an awesome Brazilian brisket recipe for you but it’s not quite here yet. In the meantime I’m sharing my very favorite slow cooker honey bbq beef brisket that is equally magical as that restaurant brisket and not just because you can whip it up any time in your own kitchen.
It’s slow cooked to fall-apart juicy and tender beef perfection, all smothered in a mouthwatering sweet and tangy honey bbq sauce. Just fifteen minutes of hands-on time and the crockpot does the rest. Serve it up by itself with a side of baked beans and Texas toast, or pile it on a bun and call it a bbq brisket sandwich – you cannot go wrong anyway you devour this goodness.
What people are saying about this Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Beef Brisket
“Made this for our family Memorial Day dinner and it came out perfect! Everyone loved it and raved about how good it was. It has already become a family favorite. Easy and yummy. Thank you sooo much!” – Melissa
“I made this for dinner last night and it was sensational. My wife, mother in law, 3 year old and 1 year old loved it.” – Jack
“This is a very yummy dish! We had this for dinner TONIGHT WITH a 600g brisket which I cooked for 9 and a half HOURS…I will definitely make this AGAIN but just tweak it a little.” – Kristie
Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Beef Brisket
- 1 medium-large beef brisket - (about 5 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Honey BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold water + 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Lightly grease your slow cooker and place brisket inside. Whisk together sauce ingredients (except cold water + corn starch) in a small bowl, set aside.
- Stir together seasonings and rub all over brisket. Pour sauce over brisket, cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Pour liquid from the slow cooker into a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir cornstarch into cold water until dissolved, then pour into sauce pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Shred beef with two forks and pour sauce back into the slow cooker, give it a good stir and serve hot.