Incredible juicy and tender Hawaiian-style Slow Cooker Kalua Pork with the most amazing flavor! Only requires 3 ingredients and can be served alone or in salads, tacos, and more!
This pork. OHMYWORD. The end.
No but really…. I don’t even know how to describe it’s perfection. I’m searching for the most descriptive phrases I can come up with and they just don’t seem like enough. Can we invent a new word? Yeah let’s do that. Fantasti-good? Tasty-licious? Super-yumm-ified?
Yep that’s the one.
Honest to goodness the flavor of this pork is out of this world delicious. Smoky and salty and gahhhhhhhh, it’s just so good. Hard to believe only three ingredients can deliver this kind of happiness in your mouth but it’s true. And you can use this pork for any number of things. I dare you to resist eating it straight out of your crockpot with a fork, but if you can control yourself long enough to prepare yourself a taco or a salad, it’ll blow your mind. My tip: use a really big roast and keep this shredded Kalua pork covered in the fridge for quick-fixes all week long!!
- 1 4-pound pork shoulder roast (or similar roast, size can vary a bit too)
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (you can find this in almost any grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan pink salt (sold in most grocery stores)
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with nonstick spray. Pierce the roast all over with a fork. Place in slow cooker.
- Pour liquid smoke evenly over the roast, then sprinkle with the salt.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-12 hours. (For a larger roast you'll need closer to the 12 hours)
- Uncover, pull pork apart with 2 forks. Serve alone or you can serve it over rice, in tacos, salads, and more!