Juicy slow cooker pork carnitas are drenched in fabulous flavor and easy to whip up in your crockpot!
It’s no secret that I have a serious thing for tacos.
There’s just something about the meat and the tortilla and the salsa and the toppings that I just can’t get enough of. And the little street tacos that are about the size of the palm of your hand? Those are the best because I can pop 4 or 5 of those and not bat an eyelash.
I’ve never been a ground beef person though so ground beef tacos – no thank you. Especially not in a hard shell taco! I don’t know who invented that but I do. not. like. hard shell tacos filled with ground beef. Or filled with anything else.
But soft shell tacos filled with savory and spicy slow roasted shredded pork is definitely up my alley.
The best part? 10 minutes of prep. Maybe less since you just dump it all in the slow cooker and come back to pull it apart with a couple of forks a few hours later.
And don’t be ashamed to dig in with a fork. I’m talking about diving right into the slow cooker – face first.
I may have done that myself.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- taco-sized corn or flour tortillas
- cilantro, additional salsa
- Place pork roast in a greased slow cooker. Sprinkle garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin on top. Add diced green chiles and chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Uncover slow cooker, shred meat with two forks and stir to combine all ingredients. Serve meat in soft tortillas and top with cilantro and salsa if desired.