Delicious, creamy, and ready in just 20 minutes, this thai lobster bisque comes together quick and easy and tastes like you’ve been cooking all day.
If there is one thing I know of absolute certainty, it’s that your life is not complete without this Thai lobster bisque. I have been dying to share this recipe with you ever since I got back from my trip to Portland, Maine this Summer where I spent three days with the Maine Lobster Marketing Collaborative eating my way through lobster heaven and learning about the sustainable lobstering industry. I grew up eating lobster only on very special occasions so this was an absolute dream for me!
A few incredible things I learned on my trip:
- Lobstermen have been making the industry sustainable for decades by making a notch on any procreating female lobster they pull in from their traps and then release her back into the ocean. If any other lobsterman pulls her up, he’ll see that she has the notch and she’ll go straight back every single time to allow her to keep breeding more beautiful lobsters.
- The best and most delicious lobsters are around a pound – too large and they start to lose that sweet flavor and tenderness that is so coveted in a perfect dinner lobster.
- New shell is the ultimate! I didn’t even know what a new shell lobster was before I visited Portland. From mid-summer to mid-fall lobsters shed their old shells and underneath is a new, softer shell or “new shell”. The meat from these lobsters is the very sweetest so if you can get your hands on a new shell lobster, you are in for a serious treat!
Amongst all the lobster tasting, I fell in love with a lobster soup I just couldn’t stop thinking about after I returned home from Portland so I jotted down everything I could remember about that soup and re-created it at home. The result, if I do say so myself, is positively delicious! This Thai lobster bisque only required seven ingredients and less than 30 minutes. I can’t even adequately describe the beauty of those lobster, coconut, and curry flavors all together in one bowl so pleeeeeease do your mouth a favor and whip up this soup prontissimo.
Thai Lobster Bisque
- 2 cups cooked lobster meat - chopped
- 2 cups water - (see note)
- 3 15-ounce cans light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red thai curry paste
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- cilantro - roughly chopped
- In a large stockpot bring water to a boil. Stir in coconut milk, curry paste, and lime juice. Cook for 10-15 minutes until fragrant.
- Sitr in lobster and cook until just hot throughout (3-5 minutes) and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve.
Hello, if you want to start on your business then I would recommend you to read professional business plans online on ogscapital website which will help you in standing your business more.
It looks very appetizing and delicious. I would really like to try this dish, it’s a pity that I’m not a good cook.
Thankyou so much for this link. It is far better than fakenamegenerator.com because it gives a profile picture too