Silky and rich vanilla cinnamon caramels you can whip up in a hurry – perfect for holiday neighbor gifts!
The holidays, they’re busy. We just attended Christmas party number three last night and we still aren’t through with these shindigs. But when a gathering involves a whole slew of adults decorating gingerbread houses amongst 15 grandchildren, I can’t help but love this whole season.
I love the extra season YUMM these caramels have when you add just a bit of vanilla and cinnamon to the mix. And in my opinion, vanilla and cinnamon and caramel go to gather like pb+j.
These tasty caramels are SO easy to make, you don’t even need a candy thermometer. My mother always used one and to be honest, her recipe intimidates me a little bit. But this recipe doesn’t need one – just watch for that deep golden-amber color, then stir in your vanilla and cinnamon and pour into a pan to cool. Bada-bing-bada-boom. DELICIOUS caramel ready to stuff into your face. Oh wait, I mean ready to be wrapped and delivered to your loved ones.
Yeah that’s what I meant.
- 1½ sticks butter (12 tablespoons)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- heaping ¼ teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- In a medium sauce pan melt 1½ sticks of butter with ½ cup sugar. Add corn syrup and condensed milk. (Continue to stir throughout the entire process) Bring to a rapid boil over medium-high heat, and then decrease to medium heat (should still be bubbling) 6-8 minutes or until mixture achieves deep golden color, stirring constantly. (I recommend a whisk! - see note) Once golden color is reached, remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased, foil-lined 8x8 inch pan and allow to cool. (You can place it in the fridge to speed up the cooling process or allow to cool at room temperature.) Cut into squares and wrap in wax paper. Store at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Prep time does not include cooling time.
This recipe has been sponsored by my friends at McCormick – thanks for letting me work with the brands I love!