Rich and creamy No Churn Salted Caramel Ice Cream you can whip up without an ice cream maker!
Remember that really insanely amazing homemade salted caramel sauce we made the other day? The one with just 5 ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes?? Oh good. You do remember. Well that stuff is in this ice cream.
Ice cream is absolutely, hands down, no doubt one of my very favorite things in this entire world. I inherited a fairly serious ice cream addiction from my mom’s side of the family. When my husband and I were first dating I almost called it off on account of the preposterously tiny ice cream portion sizes his family would dish out. They were so small! Three or four bites of ice cream just won’t cut it for me. I need a BOWL. Like a soup bowl. None of this teeny tiny 4 ounce ramekin stuff.
Thankfully we reconciled our ice cream differences swiftly and life has been parfait ever since.
But for a minute…. it was touch and go there.
So this ice cream is no churn. What does that mean exactly? It means after a few flicks of the wrist, this stuff goes straight to the freezer without spending time in an ice cream machine. Now for those of you who have an intimate relationship with your ice cream maker (I get it, I sooooo get it) don’t you worry, yes you can use your ice cream maker and it will be finished sooner – do it! But for the rest who might not have an ice cream maker handy or if you are just wanting a quick whip-it-and-freeze-it-for-later recipe, I’ve go you covered. The prep is literally 5 minutes – the only hard part is waiting for it to become frozen creamy wonderfulness!
No Churn Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce at room temperature (click [url:1]HERE[/url] for my favorite easy homemade version!)
- optional: chopped nuts, additional caramel sauce for topping
- In a large bowl mix together half and half, heavy cream, vanilla pudding, vanilla, sugar, and caramel sauce until well combined. Stir in chopped nuts if desired.
- Pour mixture into 1-2 shallow containers or bread pans and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight. Serve with chopped nuts and caramel sauce on top if desired. Enjoy!