Buttery, flaky Apple Crumble Flatbread topped with juicy caramelized apples, cinnamon-sugar crumble, sweet vanilla ice cream, and rich caramel sauce!
Are you ready to feast your eyes on ninety-seven pictures of the best Autumn dessert to ever exist? Oh good you are. Because I just couldn’t. stop. snapping. photos. of this apple crumble flatbread.
Between bites of course.
If you have never been to Park City Utah – put it in your bucket list. It’s one of my favorite places in this world especially in the Fall. There really are few things I love more than a weekend trip to Park City in the Fall time when the leaves start changing colors and the air gets a little bit cooler. You can smell Fall in Park City. It’s a little bit unbelievable.
So maybe actually put “visit Park City Utah in the Fall” on your bucket list. But seriously, if you can go another time of year, do not pass up the chance. Every season in PC is pretty spectacular.
We actually stayed in Park City for the first 3 days after our wedding so I have an even deeper attachment to PC because of that and it always takes me back when we go visit. Which, as it happens, is fairly often since it’s only about 45 minutes away from where we live. I love it.
But where am I going with all of this Park City talk? I’ll get to that right… now! The hotel where we usually stay shares a parking lot with a Ruby Tuesday’s restaurant and we’ve eaten there several times – it’s been a little while but I’ve loved everything I’ve tasted on their menu.
Recently though I saw an advertisement for a new seasonal dessert they’re serving – Apple Crumble Flatbread with vanilla ice cream…
Ummmm WHAT?! WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL OF MY LIFE? <—— my reaction.
I had to make it. It wasn’t a question of if, just a matter of when, and “when” happened less than 24 hours later.
This dessert… there aren’t words.
Okay there are words, obviously, since this has been a pretty lengthy tale about how I was inspired to create the world’s best apple crumble flatbread and eat it in my pajamas at 10pm at night with my husband while watching Gray’s Anatomy re-runs.
Let’s be honest, he’s really just lucky I shared at all right?
It looks fancy – or maybe just looks like a hot mess of apple and ice cream and crumbled cinnamon-sugar-oat goodness, but this dessert is really simple, quick, and requires only a few key ingredients. I’ve written the recipe to make two of these 8-10 inch flatbreads like you see in the pictures. If you don’t need that much, feel free to half it! But I’m just saying… you’re gonna want more.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Apple Crumble Flatbread
- 2 medium red apples - (I used fuji, you could also use gala or something similar)
- 2 8-10 inch round flatbreads - (you could sub a larger, rectangular flatbread)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats - (optional, but highly recommended!)
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment and lightly grease.
- Core, seed, and thinly slice your apples. (I didn't peel mine but feel free to peel them first if you want). Add apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes until apples are very tender and sauce is caramelized. Remove from heat.
- While the apples are cooking, prepare your crumble. In a small-medium bowl combine brown sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon. Dice the cold butter and add to mixture. Mash in with a fork, pastry cutter, or your fingers, until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Place flatbreads on prepared baking sheet. Top flatbreads with apple-caramel mixture. (It will probably spread and spill off of the flatbreads, don't worry about it, just make sure to get all of the apples on the flatbreads).
- Sprinkle crumble over apple mixture. Bake for 5-10 minutes until apple-caramel mixture is bubbly and thick. Serve immediately topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
Hi Tiffany. This looks crazy amazing and delicious! Last time when I cooked that I forgot to chill before serving but it was still good. Thanks for recipe. Love things that are quick and delicious!